Re: analog design competition results

  • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2001
      hi frnas
      --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., "frans" <f.smith@c...> wrote:
      > Hi Yaniv,
      >
      > reading your post i assume: TI had a contest.
      > you brougth in the analog part from buildcheapeeg ????
      we desined our next version cheap egg especially for it with ti
      parts .
      > what sort off contest was this ???
      contest of most innovative designes using ti's part .
      you can read more at ti.
      > was it for students ??
      for anybody
      > are you a student ??
      no .
      > just some questions because i like those contests.
      > I take it you live in US, i live in the Netherlands.
      > Sometimes i read a populair magazine from US.
      > The magazine is called Popular Science. i like the
      > contest where high-school student do some project,
      > and at the end only a few will be left. then one of them
      > earns an amount of money (Intel). for college.
      > Viviana Risca won a $100.000 scholarship from INTEL
      > Talent Search, for encoding a message in dna.
      maybe , if you would like , you could find contests for us that we
      fit to apply for .
      maybe it could be science / or maybe voplunteer organization .
      winning such a contest would be great public relations to us :)
      sincerly
      yaniv v.

      > greetings Frans

      Service.
    • frans
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2001

        Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2001 6:55 AM
        Subject: [buildcheapeeg] Re: analog design competition results

        hi frnas
        --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., "frans" <f.smith@c...> wrote:
        > Hi Yaniv,
        >
        > reading your post i assume: TI had a contest.
        > you brougth in the analog part from buildcheapeeg ????
        we desined our next version cheap egg especially for it with ti
        parts .
        > what sort off contest was this ???
        contest of most innovative designes using ti's part .
        you can read more at ti.
        > was it for students ??
        for anybody
        > are you a student ??
        no .
        > just some questions because i like those contests.
        > I take it you live in US, i live in the Netherlands.
        > Sometimes i read a populair magazine from US.
        > The magazine is called Popular Science. i like the
        > contest where high-school student do some project,
        > and at the end only a few will be left. then one of them
        > earns an amount of money (Intel). for college.
        > Viviana Risca won a $100.000 scholarship from INTEL
        > Talent Search, for encoding a message in dna.
        maybe , if you would like , you could find contests for us that we
        fit to apply for .
        maybe it could be science / or maybe voplunteer organization .
        winning such a contest would be great public relations to us :)
        sincerly
        yaniv v.

        > greetings Frans

        Service.

      • frans
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2001
          Hi Yaniv,

          So TI had a contest, i like that. I am also inventor, but
          due to illness i was not succesfull fore some years.
          However, i'm already working in my Lab. I'm a member
          of the Dutch society of inventors, so i know there is a lot
          going on in this world.
          There are fine places/contests/salons to visit so as to pro-
          mote RS232.
          12-16 april:      Salon des Inventions Geneve.
          4-7  may:          Genius 2000 Budapest.
          17-21 may:       INPEX Pitsburg.
          28 june/2 july:  BBC, Tommorows world's Interna-
                                    tional Inventions Fair London.
          2-5 nov:            IENA Neurenberg.
          27-30 sept:        ITEX 2000 Kuala Lumpur
                                    (maleisiĆ«)
          9-12 nov:          World Genius Convention Tokio.
          16-19 nov.        Int. Invention Expo 2000
                                   Hong Kong.
          At this moment however i would NOT look for promoting
          or contests. Whe do not have a working device with the
          compleet software.

          The machine in-it-self is nothing new. No credits are given
          for such a project. However, if whe would use the machine
          for lets say playing neuro-games (in a new way), or to con-
          trol a robot etc..then people could be interested.
          Also, an EEG is nothing new, promoting the rs232 so as
          to reach more people is not the same as promoting the
          system in proffesional environment. (contests)
          I have seen many contests, but it is better not to
          join a contests for whe would win nothing.
          But, think for a moment of lets say, a group in europe.
          each member has a rs232,  and demonstrates different
          applications. You know, like robots playing foorball.
          This is fun in the first place. and it would give some
          credit and fun to the engineers.
          There is not need to speed up the process, just wait
          untill whe have a working device, software, and some
          members who have a working machine. Then the group
          could make a plan for different applications. Each member
          would have to choose a project/application. Then whe
          would bring the project under attention of others.
          (again i talk about spec.promoting).
          Also, whe/some one, must take care of a data-base.
          Collect picuteres of members building rs232, software.
          Did you make pictures from the contest ?...
          Lets wait for some time, mean time i will tink of some
          plans. p.s. If the group would be able to build a
          machine with excellent specifications, for
          lets say $100.00 (us), then you have front-news !!!

          Frans.

          p.s I will soon leave the net for a while fore private
          reasons, but i'm still doing sofware dev. for rs232.
          also thinking of spec. applications.

          > reading your post i assume: TI had a contest.
          > you brougth in the analog part from buildcheapeeg ????
          we desined our next version cheap egg especially for it with ti
          parts .
          > what sort off contest was this ???
          contest of most innovative designes using ti's part .
          you can read more at ti.
          > was it for students ??
          for anybody
          > are you a student ??
          no .
          > just some questions because i like those contests.
          > I take it you live in US, i live in the Netherlands.
          > Sometimes i read a populair magazine from US.
          > The magazine is called Popular Science. i like the
          > contest where high-school student do some project,
          > and at the end only a few will be left. then one of them
          > earns an amount of money (Intel). for college.
          > Viviana Risca won a $100.000 scholarship from INTEL
          > Talent Search, for encoding a message in dna.
          maybe , if you would like , you could find contests for us that we
          fit to apply for .
          maybe it could be science / or maybe voplunteer organization .
          winning such a contest would be great public relations to us :)
          sincerly
          yaniv v.

          > greetings Frans

          Service.

        • frans
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2001
            forgot picture
            > reading your post i assume: TI had a contest.
            > you brougth in the analog part from buildcheapeeg ????
            we desined our next version cheap egg especially for it with ti
            parts .
            > what sort off contest was this ???
            contest of most innovative designes using ti's part .
            you can read more at ti.
            > was it for students ??
            for anybody
            > are you a student ??
            no .
            > just some questions because i like those contests.
            > I take it you live in US, i live in the Netherlands.
            > Sometimes i read a populair magazine from US.
            > The magazine is called Popular Science. i like the
            > contest where high-school student do some project,
            > and at the end only a few will be left. then one of them
            > earns an amount of money (Intel). for college.
            > Viviana Risca won a $100.000 scholarship from INTEL
            > Talent Search, for encoding a message in dna.
            maybe , if you would like , you could find contests for us that we
            fit to apply for .
            maybe it could be science / or maybe voplunteer organization .
            winning such a contest would be great public relations to us :)
            sincerly
            yaniv v.

            > greetings Frans

            Service.

          • frans
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2001
              contest
              > reading your post i assume: TI had a contest.
              > you brougth in the analog part from buildcheapeeg ????
              we desined our next version cheap egg especially for it with ti
              parts .
              > what sort off contest was this ???
              contest of most innovative designes using ti's part .
              you can read more at ti.
              > was it for students ??
              for anybody
              > are you a student ??
              no .
              > just some questions because i like those contests.
              > I take it you live in US, i live in the Netherlands.
              > Sometimes i read a populair magazine from US.
              > The magazine is called Popular Science. i like the
              > contest where high-school student do some project,
              > and at the end only a few will be left. then one of them
              > earns an amount of money (Intel). for college.
              > Viviana Risca won a $100.000 scholarship from INTEL
              > Talent Search, for encoding a message in dna.
              maybe , if you would like , you could find contests for us that we
              fit to apply for .
              maybe it could be science / or maybe voplunteer organization .
              winning such a contest would be great public relations to us :)
              sincerly
              yaniv v.

              > greetings Frans

              Service.