temperature range Re: late reply to jeorg letter

  • Joerg Hansmann
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2000
      Hi Yaniv,

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: <yaniv_vi@...>
      To: <buildcheapeeg@egroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 5:07 AM
      Subject: [buildcheapeeg] Re: late reply to jeorg letter

      > > [smd soldering]
      > > > i can't read pdf .
      > > > tell me what type of package and i'll tell if it's complicated/
      > >
      > > Have a look a the package descriptions in the attachment
      > > (hope your browser supports *.png )
      >
      > don't have it

      sorry. I thought png were widespread but relative unknown.
      Here are the pictures again, double sized and with compression artefacts
      in jpg ;-)

      > in the brainmaster site they explain how to build your own
      > electrodes .
      > aklso you can join the brainmaster email group

      I subscribed to brain-m at Majordomo@..., however
      there seems to be no traffic.

      "Welcome to the brain-m mailing list!
      BRAIN-M INAUGURAL MESSAGE 12/1/95
      "
      And the greeting is from 1995.

      > nepal or india

      Can you tell me something about the climate zones you will be
      visiting ?
      Nepal = dry and cold ?
      India = monsoon (100% humidity) ?

      > > The temperature range and relative humidity range of the device
      > > will be limited. But I think that it should work were a Laptop PC
      > > works.
      > just at least define - theoretical working temperature by checking
      > datasheets ?

      AT90S4433-8PC,28P3, Commercial (0°C to 70°C)
      AT90S4433-8PI,28P3, Industrial (-40°C to 85°C)
      6N139: Operating Temperature TA 0..70°C
      TLC272CP 0°C to 70°
      INA114AP, Specification -40..85°C
      AD620A,B, TEMPERATURE RANGE For Specified Performance -40 to +85

      The temperature range of the weakest part will be the limitation
      for the whole device. Refering the ICs the temperature range
      will be 0..70°C.

      However I think the batteries will be the true limitation at low
      temperature.

      [humidity]
      > maybe fan ?

      A fan could help but draws more current than the rest of the device.
      Heating would also help but is impossible with batteries.

      Perhaps a hermetically sealed casing and chemical dehumidifyer
      inside could be the solution.
      However that means that all sockets and plugs must be industrial
      or military grade - and that is expensive.

      And what about your laptop PC ???
      Is it working properly ? Or have you experienced problems ?

      I think, it makes no sense to make the RS232EEG better than
      the PC.

      Regards

      Joerg
    • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 19, 2000
        --- In buildcheapeeg@egroups.com, "Joerg Hansmann" <jhansmann@g...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Yaniv,

        the package is not very hard to solder.
        it's a simple package.

        > > in the brainmaster site they explain how to build your own
        > > electrodes .
        > > aklso you can join the brainmaster email group
        >
        > I subscribed to brain-m at Majordomo@s..., however
        > there seems to be no traffic.

        go to the history of the group

        > "Welcome to the brain-m mailing list!
        > BRAIN-M INAUGURAL MESSAGE 12/1/95
        > "
        > And the greeting is from 1995.

        > > nepal or india
        >
        > Can you tell me something about the climate zones you will be
        > visiting ?
        > Nepal = dry and cold ?
        > India = monsoon (100% humidity) ?
        >
        > > > The temperature range and relative humidity range of the device
        > > > will be limited. But I think that it should work were a Laptop
        PC
        > > > works.
        > > just at least define - theoretical working temperature by checking
        > > datasheets ?
        >
        > AT90S4433-8PC,28P3, Commercial (0°C to 70°C)
        > AT90S4433-8PI,28P3, Industrial (-40°C to 85°C)
        > 6N139: Operating Temperature TA 0..70°C
        > TLC272CP 0°C to 70°
        > INA114AP, Specification -40..85°C
        > AD620A,B, TEMPERATURE RANGE For Specified Performance -40 to +85
        >
        > The temperature range of the weakest part will be the limitation
        > for the whole device. Refering the ICs the temperature range
        > will be 0..70°C.

        basicly - all the stuff would be in a room - where we should meditate
        so 0..70 is good enough .

        > However I think the batteries will be the true limitation at low
        > temperature.

        why ?
        what is a battery temperature range ?
        i used a walkman here - even at relativly cold temperature i idn't
        faced any problems .
        > [humidity]
        > > maybe fan ?

        > A fan could help but draws more current than the rest of the device.
        > Heating would also help but is impossible with batteries.
        >
        > Perhaps a hermetically sealed casing and chemical dehumidifyer
        > inside could be the solution.
        > However that means that all sockets and plugs must be industrial
        > or military grade - and that is expensive.

        i don't understand why ?
        i think 0..70 is good enough . and the device should have way not to
        overheat ?
        don't worry to much abou batteries ,
        we just have to check how much time the device works on batteries
        with / witouht a fan .
        but the device should be in a closed box (emi , rfi) ?
        so maybe we just design it with a good heat conduction like solid
        ground and stuff - and connect to the box through a some
        electricly isolative - but heat conductor ?
        > And what about your laptop PC ???
        > Is it working properly ? Or have you experienced problems ?

        i haven't bought it yet .