hardware interface : irda versus bluetooth

  • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2000
      besides the costs of bluetooth that's more expensive than irda ,
      and the design complexity is much greater , the great drawback
      of it in this kind of application is lack of security :
      people may tap to your brainwaves - i don't know if it's such good
      thing .

      the positive of bluetooth is larger distance and no need for eye
      connection between reciever and transmiter .
      it's good but looking at drawbacks , i think irda is better then
      bluetooth for current design .

      bye
    • Rob Sacks
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 28, 2000
        How much do the parts for IRDA cost?

      • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 28, 2000
          --- In buildcheapeeg@egroups.com, "Rob Sacks" <editor@r...> wrote:
          basicly assuming we have a micro processor in our design
          irda cost less then $1 .
          rob are you online ?
          would you like to chat with me a little bit on the chat forum on this
          group ?
          bye yaniv
          > How much do the parts for IRDA cost?

        • Rob Sacks
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28, 2000
            ok, I'll meet you there in five minutes

            > basicly assuming we have a micro processor in our design
            > irda cost less then $1 .
            > rob are you online ?
            > would you like to chat with me a little bit on the chat forum on this
            > group ?
            > bye yaniv
            > > How much do the parts for IRDA cost?

          • Rob Sacks
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 28, 2000
              I'm in the Egroups chat lobby but it doesn't
              seem to work very well.

            • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 28, 2000
                --- In buildcheapeeg@egroups.com, "Rob Sacks" <editor@r...> wrote:
                rob what's your chat name
                mine's yaniv_vi
                also you can reach me at icq number 76024095.
                i'm waiting