Re: [buildcheapeeg] Re: modular eeg work report

  • Jim Peters
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 13 3:14 AM
      Michal Wallace wrote:
      > This is going to turn into a mess. If we're serious about
      > moving, either:
      >
      > a) make the sf list a subscriber to the yahoo list and vice
      > versa so both lists get the same content.. [I'm pretty
      > sure yahoo can back up a sf list anyway - the old egroups
      > could]

      Perhaps the Yahoo list could be a subscriber to the SF list, so that
      people who just want to keep monitoring the situation don't have to
      change anything, but we could somehow stop postings being permitted on
      the Yahoo list. Is that do-able? I've never managed a Yahoo list.

      Surely, with your solution, even if the mail-loops of two lists
      subscribed to one another don't get us, the double subject-headers
      will ([buildcheapeeg] vs [openeeg-list]).

      If we can make the Yahoo list a read-only copy of the SF list, and
      move all active discussion over there, that might well be the best
      solution.

      Really, the whole point was to simplify things, not make them ever
      more complex and intertwined.

      Someone else has popped up on the SF list now -- it is certainly
      getting attention.

      Let's sort this out folks!

      Jim

      --