Re: NEW MEMBER Q

  • sleeper75se
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2002
      --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., "rwbhealer" <rwbhealer@y...> wrote:
      > HI GROUP. VERY COOL IDEA, CHEAP EEG.
      >
      > I AM AN AMATEUR ELECTRONICS PERSON. I WOULD LOVE TO BUILD AN EEG.
      >
      > IS THERE ONE THAT'S READY AND THAT WORKS? ESPECIALLY THE "TINYEEG"?
      >
      > ROGER

      Hi Roger,

      here is the status of the two projects:

      ModularEEG: This is the OpenEEG project, designed by Joerg Hansmann
      and Moritz v Buttlar. I reworked the layouts so that the PCB's can be
      factory manufactured, so it is currently in my hands. I will order a
      prototype on Monday, and test it whenever it is delivered. Expect at
      least three weeks (from today) for this to be completed.
      This is the project I'd recommend for most people because you can
      have the electronics assembled for you. All you have to do is solder
      a few connectors and find a box. Eventually, people won't even have
      to do that we hope.

      TinyEEG: This is my personal project. Status: Assembled, and the
      electronics is working. I have not yet tested it on a brain because
      my electrodes are home-made and need a bit of tinkering before I can
      make them stay put on the head. (I have home made paste too. :) I
      would not recommend it unless you really require small size.

      Regards,

      Andreas