New poll for buildcheapeeg

  • buildcheapeeg@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 5, 2001

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 5, 2001

        From: buildcheapeeg@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Friday, 6 April 2001 4:10 AM
        To: buildcheapeeg@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [buildcheapeeg] New poll for buildcheapeeg

      • Rob Kall
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 5, 2001
          Message text written by INTERNET:buildcheapeeg@yahoogroups.com

          I don't like :

          o FreedomMachine
          o openmind

          Rob Kall
          Futurehealth, Inc.
          211 N. Sycamore St., Newtown, PA 18940 215-504-1700, fax 215-860-5374
          www.futurehealth.org
          "I try to live what I consider a "poetic existence." That means I take
          responsibility for the air I breathe and the space I take up. I try to be
          immediate, to be totally present for all my work." Maya Angelou
        • e_e_ling@hotmail.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 6, 2001
            Please use the poll that has been set up for this purpose, do not post
            your votes to the group as we can't do anything with them.

            Eric

            --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., Rob Kall <smile@c...> wrote:
            > Message text written by INTERNET:buildcheapeeg@y...
            > >
            > I don't like :

            > o FreedomMachine
            > o openmind
            >

            > Rob Kall
            > Futurehealth, Inc.
            > 211 N. Sycamore St., Newtown, PA 18940 215-504-1700, fax
            215-860-5374
            > www.futurehealth.org
            > "I try to live what I consider a "poetic existence." That means I
            take
            > responsibility for the air I breathe and the space I take up. I try
            to be
            > immediate, to be totally present for all my work." Maya Angelou
          • lucas darten
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 6, 2001
              Thanks Eric. I hadn't gotten around to saying anything yet<G>.
              To all: Go to groups.yahoo.com/buildcheapeeg click on polls, then the polls.
              If anyone needs more help with this, let me know.

              Lucas.

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 30, 2001
                buildcheapeeg group:

                Here is the final poll for the domain
                name. Please vote for the name you LIKE
                best.

                o openeeg (name is fully available)
                o openmind (name is taken, also taken with a dash)
                o mindview (taken, but mind-view.org and net are available)
                o eeg4thepeople (name is fully available)

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • buildcheapeeg@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 16 , May 9, 2001
                  buildcheapeeg group:

                  How sure are you that you will buy an
                  eeg machine created from the group?

                  o I am positive, even if it may be an early version(in case the design changes after the initial run)
                  o I am pretty sure, but I want to wait until more people on the group get a chance to work with it.
                  o Someday I want to buy one.
                  o I don't think I will buy one anytime soon.

                  web site listed above.

                  Thanks!
                • buildcheapeeg@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 11, 2001
                    buildcheapeeg group:

                    Are you willing to chip in for the cost
                    of domain registration and web hosting
                    of our website. Please only vote Yes if
                    you are DEFINITELY prepared to chip in.

                    o Yes
                    o No

                    web site listed above.

                    Thanks!
                  • buildcheapeeg@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 18, 2001
                      buildcheapeeg group:

                      What software OS are you using?

                      o DOS
                      o Windows 95
                      o Windows 98
                      o Windows ME
                      o Windows NT 4
                      o Windows 2000
                      o Windows XP Beta
                      o Linux
                      o Other Unix
                      o BeOS
                      o MAC OS7
                      o MAC OS8
                      o MAC OS9
                      o MAC OSX

                      web site listed above.

                      Thanks!
                    • buildcheapeeg@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 18, 2001
                        buildcheapeeg group:

                        What Interface type do you prefer?

                        o RS-232
                        o Parallel
                        o USB
                        o IrDA
                        o BlueTooth
                        o FireWire
                        o Other

                        web site listed above.

                        Thanks!
                      • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 19, 2001
                          hi
                          about this poll 2 remarks -
                          1. the software should have easy options to write drivers to other
                          interfaces .
                          2. current proto is rs232 and i think may have some code written for
                          the s.w. so we should work with this , even thought it maybe change
                          in near future to achieve some kind of optical isolation throught
                          irda .

                          that issues should determine the first driver we write .
                          second i don't know if these kind of questions are best for polls ,
                          because there have to be some reason behind them , so maybe the poll
                          should be part ( to see what's the most popular interafce ) but still
                          there are some other reasons important then popularity .

                          sincerly
                          yaniv vilnai

                          --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., buildcheapeeg@y... wrote:

                          > buildcheapeeg group:
                          >
                          > What Interface type do you prefer?
                          >
                          > o RS-232
                          > o Parallel
                          > o USB
                          > o IrDA
                          > o BlueTooth
                          > o FireWire
                          > o Other

                          > web site listed above.
                          >
                          > Thanks!
                        • Ken Michel
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 19, 2001
                            Yaniv,
                            I realize that there must be some valid engineering rationale for
                            making design choices.
                            My purpose for soliciting information via the polls was to get a
                            sense of the availability and preference of interfaces and OSs in the
                            group. We have a diverse group from all over the world. Everyone has
                            perferences based upon their current PC setup (either positive and
                            negative) It is not intended to be a design criteria in and of itself.
                            I know many of us in America will probably not have much difficulty
                            in supporting any interface or OS as long as it is not too obsolete.

                            For example I like USB for the simple fact that I have a large number
                            of peripheral devices already connected to my computer and it
                            simplifies connection and setup of new devices. When I use old serial
                            ports it is much more of a pain to switch back and forth between
                            devices.

                            Again, I do not intend to use the results of the poll for specific
                            design requirements other than to get a sense of how flexible the
                            requirements need to be.

                            Thanks,
                            Ken Michel

                            --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., yaniv_vi@y... wrote:
                            > hi
                            > about this poll 2 remarks -
                            > 1. the software should have easy options to write drivers to other
                            > interfaces .
                            > 2. current proto is rs232 and i think may have some code written
                            for
                            > the s.w. so we should work with this , even thought it maybe change
                            > in near future to achieve some kind of optical isolation throught
                            > irda .
                            >
                            > that issues should determine the first driver we write .
                            > second i don't know if these kind of questions are best for polls ,
                            > because there have to be some reason behind them , so maybe the
                            poll
                            > should be part ( to see what's the most popular interafce ) but
                            still
                            > there are some other reasons important then popularity .
                            >
                            > sincerly
                            > yaniv vilnai
                            >

                            > --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., buildcheapeeg@y... wrote:

                            > > buildcheapeeg group:
                            > >
                            > > What Interface type do you prefer?
                            > >
                            > > o RS-232
                            > > o Parallel
                            > > o USB
                            > > o IrDA
                            > > o BlueTooth
                            > > o FireWire
                            > > o Other

                            > > not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the Yahoo!
                            Groups
                            > > web site listed above.
                            > >
                            > > Thanks!
                          • Chuck Davis
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 19, 2001
                              On 19-Jul-01, Ken Michel, wrote:

                              >For example I like USB for the simple fact that I have a large number
                              >of peripheral devices already connected to my computer and it
                              >simplifies connection and setup of new devices. When I use old serial
                              >ports it is much more of a pain to switch back and forth between
                              >devices.

                              Indeed, USB would be kewl, but the older, *cheap*, laptops don't
                              have USB ;)
                              --
                              .-. .-.
                              / \ .-. .-. / \
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 28, 2001
                                Hi folks,

                                I'm late getting my two cents in about the
                                poll, but it seems pointless to me.

                                The question we should be asking is, which
                                ports and OSes will be widest use by the
                                general public during the future period of
                                time when we "sell" this sytem, say from
                                2003-2007?

                                You can't answer this with a poll. You have
                                to make an educated prediction.

                                Seems to me the answer is: Windows versions
                                based on the NT codebase, and either serial
                                ports or USB ports.

                                Regards,

                                Rob