hot at AAPB

  • Rob Kall
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
      Message text written by INTERNET:buildcheapeeg@yahoogroups.com

      I didn't make AAPB this year. Was there any big EEG news you might
      share with this group?<

      Joel Lubar mentioned to me that they used Loreta to do real-time
      biofeedback of deep brain structures.

      I missed the presentation, but that seems like the hottest thing to me.

      Rob Kall
      Futurehealth, Inc.
      211 N. Sycamore St., Newtown, PA 18940 215-504-1700, fax 215-860-5374
      www.futurehealth.org
      "...all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike"
      Albert Einstein
    • peterson@discover-net.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2001
        --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., Rob Kall <smile@c...> wrote:
        > Message text written by INTERNET:buildcheapeeg@y...
        > >
        > I didn't make AAPB this year. Was there any big EEG news you
        might
        > share with this group?<
        >

        > Joel Lubar mentioned to me that they used Loreta to do real-time
        > biofeedback of deep brain structures.
        >
        > I missed the presentation, but that seems like the hottest thing to
        me.

        That sounds potentially pretty exciting, allright. Once we leave the
        cortical surface and can get feedback from deep structure, there may
        be no limit to what brain-metabolism biofeedback might accomplish.
        Maybe we will be able to do anything that is now done with
        psychoactive medications. Think of maybe retraining
        thalamus/cortex/amygdala rocessing for example. Or imagine treating
        psychopaths by activating the right orbitofrontal regions of the
        cortex that we can't get at with current technology. I didn't really
        suspect that loreta was fast enough for real-time feedback.
        --Jim