group description / linux

  • Moritz v. Buttlar
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
      Hi !

      I just read the group-description again. Could we add linux to the operating
      systems we want to use for the project ? Maybe there are some really good
      linux-programmers who would also like to write software for the project.
      This would allow complete free open-source software and hardware :)

      Moritz

      Baltic Microsolutions / Flash Microcontroller Custom-Development
      http://www.baltic-microsolutions.de
    • Joel Eriksson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
        On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 09:07:55AM +0200, Moritz v . Buttlar wrote:

        > Hi !
        >
        > I just read the group-description again. Could we add linux to the operating
        > systems we want to use for the project ? Maybe there are some really good
        > linux-programmers who would also like to write software for the project.
        > This would allow complete free open-source software and hardware :)

        I am a Linux programmer myself, and I certainly agree with you. Releasing
        it under the GPL (GNU public license) would probably give the most linux
        programmers an incitament to work on it. I saw that someone actually
        suggested gnu-eeg as the name for the device, I don't think that is
        necessary but naming the software package GNU EEG or similar may be
        a good idea.

        I'm not saying Windows users should be ignored though, using Cygwin's
        GCC to compile the software for Windows would be a viable solution to
        that I think. For graphics we could use libSDL, which is a portable
        and powerful graphics library.

        What do the other people on the list think? The programmers? If the
        Windows programmers and Linux programmers don't want to duplicate
        eachothers efforts this is probably the best solution.

        --
        Joel Eriksson