how would we sell the device ?

  • yaniv_vi
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31 2:36 AM
      hi folks
      i thought about some simple way to solve money issues regarding to
      the selling of the device , at start , in small quantites .

      in ebay , which is online store with reputation , there is an option
      to open a online store , with fixed prices (not auction ) .
      the way of paying is that buyer pays to ebay and ebay pays seller .
      so this way , credit cards are safe .
      and then the seller is responsible for sending the good .

      so when we find an electronic mfr. company that would agree to do the
      job , with hopefully someone from openeeg , would make phsyical
      contact with them .
      they would be asked to open an ebay store .
      they would post there details for safety on site .

      now people , let's say from our group would send the money .
      the contract would say let' say they wait until 20 ppl order , and
      then the build devices , and send .if with a fixed amount of time no
      20 orders , they responsible to return all the money .
      that would be a online contract , and maybe written contract with
      the person from openeeg would go there.
      the contract again won't be with him , but just a legal paper about
      there store .
      also ther are fraud protection means from liability to others in
      ebay .
      and also the seller would know 20 pcs is just the start and he can
      sell many more in future .
      so these facts i think are enough to ensure a high level of safety
      and integrity with this business .

      so now the only issues are :
      do we have to have a lawyer before doing this sales way ?
      also we need someone who would do it in good price .
      and also of course we need to finish to build and test the
      machine :)

      so please check and debug my idea people .
      bye
      yaniv
    • yaniv_vi
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31 3:02 AM
        hi
        another totally safe option is
        www.escrow.com
        yaniv
        --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., "yaniv_vi" <yaniv_vi@y...> wrote:
        > hi folks
        > i thought about some simple way to solve money issues regarding
        > the selling of the device , at start , in small quantites .
        >
        > in ebay , which is online store with reputation , there is an
        option
        > to open a online store , with fixed prices (not auction ) .
        > the way of paying is that buyer pays to ebay and ebay pays
        seller .
        > so this way , credit cards are safe .
        > and then the seller is responsible for sending the good .
        >
        > so when we find an electronic mfr. company that would agree to do
        the
        > job , with hopefully someone from openeeg , would make phsyical
        > contact with them .
        > they would be asked to open an ebay store .
        > they would post there details for safety on site .
        >
        > now people , let's say from our group would send the money .
        > the contract would say let' say they wait until 20 ppl order , and
        > then the build devices , and send .if with a fixed amount of time
        no
        > 20 orders , they responsible to return all the money .
        > that would be a online contract , and maybe written contract with
        > the person from openeeg would go there.
        > the contract again won't be with him , but just a legal paper
        about
        > there store .
        > also ther are fraud protection means from liability to others in
        > ebay .
        > and also the seller would know 20 pcs is just the start and he can
        > sell many more in future .
        > so these facts i think are enough to ensure a high level of safety
        > and integrity with this business .
        >
        > so now the only issues are :
        > do we have to have a lawyer before doing this sales way ?
        > also we need someone who would do it in good price .
        > and also of course we need to finish to build and test the
        > machine :)
        >
        > so please check and debug my idea people .
        > bye
        > yaniv
      • sleeper75se
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31 4:20 AM
          Hi Yaniv,

          nice idea.

          Most people are probably unable to build their own device, either
          because they don't have the right tools (not much is needed though),
          skill or time. They would have to pay a few hundred dollars extra
          though, because manufacturing is not free.

          > so now the only issues are :
          > do we have to have a lawyer before doing this sales way ?

          A personal opinion from a non-lawyer: Hakuna matata. The lawyer would
          have to review the laws of many countries = Expensive. So the best
          way is to work in good faith, but make no promises.

          Here's a general report on e-business in europe, prepared by a law-
          firm:

          http://www.bmck.com/ecommerce/Doing%20E-Commerce%20in%20Europe/Doing%
          20E-Commerce%20In%20Europe.pdf

          All countries have different policies and laws (regardless of the
          EU), so it is rather long (285 pages). Feel free to read it ;o) and
          try to draw a conclusion.

          > also we need someone who would do it in good price .
          > and also of course we need to finish to build and test the
          > machine :)

          I've just ordered the parts ($200 worth) for my device from Digikey,
          to be delivered next week. There are still some tweaks needed for the
          layout. Jim-M, and Joerg, if you are reading this: *please* take a
          look at message 2024 (Re: TinyEEG - ADC grounding question) and
          comment on it. I need some help here...

          Regards,

          Andreas
        • yaniv_vi
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31 10:58 AM
            hi
            about assembly costs , i don't they would be hundereds of dollars per
            device. i really believe that it might be possible for $50 or less.
            and this would add up nicely for first sellable version.
            maybe we could get about $200 for first version ?
            also in future i believe we could make things to lower price
            definetly. but that's future .
            right now i just wish good luck to you sleeper and to your friend
            joeg , fighting in the field for the future of open eeg .
            what a patriotizm !!! :)

            bye
            yaniv

          • mysticryanf@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2002
              ebay is a good idea as well as yahoo auctions and those of us who beliong to other groups that realate to metaphysics and hypnosis and radionics would also be intrested in this as well wadda y'all think about that?
              -rastlin

              In a message dated 1/31/2002 5:37:00 AM US Eastern Standard Time, yaniv_vi@... writes:

[...]

              The easiest way to understand a magickian is to cease trying
            • mysticryanf@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2002
                i also just realized that if we market the machine as a spiritual device and not a medical one there should not me any problems with selling the device.  i am not sure if anyone has heard but a while back there was a mind machine (unfortunaly i cannot rmemeber the name of the machine) that made all sourts of outragious claims like learning languages over night and for example. well the goverment went after them tooth and nail. as along as we keep the clames down and claim that this device is to spiritual errr.....stuff then all should be cool in the land of nod...
                -rastlin

                The easiest way to understand a magickian is to cease trying