Re: website & hardware name

  • e_e_ling@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 12, 2001
      Lucas, is it possible to close down the poll for now? People are still
      voting.

      Also, it may be a bit difficult to vote with a lot of names, we may
      only get 1 or 2 votes per name. Maybe when have enough names, we
      could vote the bad names OFF first, narrowing the choice down to 5 or
      6 good ones to vote for? Or maybe a core group of the people most
      involved in the project could nominate 5 or 6 names before letting us
      vote?

      One more suggestion: frEEG

      Regards

      Eric
    • Lucas Darten
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 12, 2001
        >Lucas, is it possible to close down the poll for now? People are still
        >voting.

        yeah, i am just going to close it for now. I have the full list on my
        computer and am adding to it.

        >Also, it may be a bit difficult to vote with a lot of names, we may
        >only get 1 or 2 votes per name. Maybe when have enough names, we
        >could vote the bad names OFF first, narrowing the choice down to 5 or
        >6 good ones to vote for? Or maybe a core group of the people most
        >involved in the project could nominate 5 or 6 names before letting us
        >vote?

        That's probably not a bad idea, I am going to start making a list of
        everyone and list what everyone does. I think the people most active in the
        development should get the most say. For now, just keep the names coming
        everyone, and then we can go from there.

        Another way we can do it, is I can put up the poll so voters can select as
        many names as they want. That way we can eliminate the ones that get the
        least votes(or none). Then revote on the top few.

        btw, does anyone have any objections to listing everyones names on the web
        site along with what part they play in this?

        >One more suggestion: frEEG
        >Regards
        >Eric

        I kinda like that one.