Re: web site

  • e_e_ling@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
      That is VERY cheap.

      Eric

      ----
    • e_e_ling@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
        Would the website be cheapeeg.org or something else... maybe the name
        of the hardware? Does the hardware have a name yet? Should we all
        try and think one up?

        Eric

        > --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., Moritz v. Buttlar <info@b...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi !
        > >

        > > I got the following offer for a website:
        > >
        > > -Registration (org-domain) 15 DM (7$)
        > > -1 year web hosting 5mb space 6 DM/Month = 35$ /year
        > >
        > > What do you think ?
        > >
        > > Moritz
        > >
        > > --

        > ----
        > > Baltic Microsolutions / Flash Microcontroller Custom-Development
        > > http://www.baltic-microsolutions.de
      • Joerg Hansmann
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
          Hi,

          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
            while cheapeeg.org has the downside of the cheap means low quality implication I think it has advantages too.

            I think a lot of it comes down to who is our main target consumer? Is it clinics that
            treat people? Scientists and home experimenters who want to do their own research but don't have the big bucks? Technophiles who would love to play around with one? or what? Are we trying to focus on all these areas equally?

            clinics are less willing to sacrifice quality for price because they are treating people. But home users and non(or low) funded researchers are in a situation where either they shell out a lot of money for one, or don't get one.

            When I first started reading and talking to people about eeg machines my first thought was "where can I get one and how much are they?". Obviously I was less then pleased to see the prices for them. And I am pretty certain that I even tried to go look at cheapeeg.org (com and net too). So I think a lot of people that are looking for the machines are primarily asking how much it is, then looking at the technical specs.

            Aside from those points, I think cheapeeg.org is a nice short, easy to remember name.

            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
              Who is the hosting with? Is this a package that comes together? (could we register the name but go somewhere else for the hosting?) I know a lot of good places for inexpensive hosting. But you got me beat on cheap names <G>.

            • peterson@discover-net.net
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                I really like this--let's brainstorm a name for the equipment Here
                are a few free associations to play with:
                Self-regulation
                Inner explorer
                Brain/mind as the last, the ultimate frontier
                Cybernetikon (cybernetics comes from the Greek word for a steersman
                on a boat, and refers to any feedback-regulated system, not
                necessarily anything electronic or computer-related, although that
                point is maybe forever lost now)
                mind amplifier
                nootropic trainer (from Greek _nous_, mind)

              • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                  hi
                  bye the way , what's the status of the website itself ?
                  is it finished ?
                  how it look like ?

                  good luck on the web site
                  yaniv

                • e_e_ling@hotmail.com
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 2, 2001
                    I don't think there's a problem with the term "cheap" as that's what
                    we're all looking for. I was just wondering if the hardware name may
                    not be more appropriate, e.g. the Brainmaster website is
                    www.brainmaster.com - this gives (I think) a more unified image than
                    having a web page with a different name from the hardware. We could
                    make the website searchable under "cheap eeg" anyway. Any thoughts?

                    Here's some thoughts for the hardware name. I've left out caps and
                    spaces to be trendy!

                    innerguide
                    mindscan
                    mindscape
                    mindview
                    deepstate

                    To be even more trendy, we can put caps on the 2nd word - innerGuide,
                    etc. Just a thought!

                    Regards

                    Eric

                    --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., peterson@d... wrote:
                    > I really like this--let's brainstorm a name for the equipment Here
                    > are a few free associations to play with:
                    > Self-regulation
                    > Inner explorer
                    > Brain/mind as the last, the ultimate frontier
                    > Cybernetikon (cybernetics comes from the Greek word for a
                    steersman
                    > on a boat, and refers to any feedback-regulated system, not
                    > necessarily anything electronic or computer-related, although that
                    > point is maybe forever lost now)
                    > mind amplifier
                    > nootropic trainer (from Greek _nous_, mind)
                    >
                    > Does the hardware have a name yet? Should we all
                    > > try and think one up?
                    > >
                    > > Eric

                  • Moritz v. Buttlar
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 2, 2001

                      > IMO cheapeeg is a good approach. However a problem with "cheap" is, that
                      > it often implies low quality.

                      I think that�s not necessarily true anymore. What about free-eeg ? Maybe in one
                      word: freeeeg.org
                      BTW, will the design have something like a gnu-license ? If so, we could
                      call it gnu-eeg :)

                      > What about "low-priced-eeg" or "freeware-eeg" (free refers only to the design
                      > of course) ?

                      We should vote or something like that ! What do the medical-people on our group
                      think ? It should sound professional !

                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 2, 2001
                        Am Don, 01 M�r 2001 schrieben Sie:

                        > Who is the hosting with? Is this a package that comes together? (could we register the name but go somewhere else for the hosting?) I know a lot of good places for inexpensive hosting. But you got me beat on cheap names <G>.

                        No, I think we have to take the whole package. It�s a special offer and we have
                        to decide until 25 of march. It�ll be hosted by Puretec (german ISP). A friend
                        of mine is a kind of reseller for them and he made me the offer. We have up to
                        2GB of traffic, 10 POP-Email accounts, 100 forwarding email accounts..
                        We can buy additional .de,.net,.com,.org domains for 2.10DM/month each.

                        Moritz

                        > Hi !
                        >

                        > I got the following offer for a website:
                        >
                        > -Registration (org-domain) 15 DM (7$)
                        > -1 year web hosting 5mb space 6 DM/Month = 35$ /year
                        >
                        > What do you think ?
                        >
                        > Moritz
                        >
                        > --
                        > Baltic Microsolutions / Flash Microcontroller Custom-Development
                        > http://www.baltic-microsolutions.de

                        Baltic Microsolutions / Flash Microcontroller Custom-Development
                        http://www.baltic-microsolutions.de
                      • Rob Kall
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 2, 2001
                          Message text written by INTERNET:buildcheapeeg@yahoogroups.com

                          I really like this--let's brainstorm a name for the equipment Here
                          are a few free associations to play with:<

                          Corticon
                          braintronics
                          braintek

                          Rob Kall
                          Futurehealth, Inc.
                          211 N. Sycamore St., Newtown, PA 18940 215-504-1700, fax 215-860-5374
                          www.futurehealth.org
                          "We must be the change we wish to see in the world." Ghandi
                        • lucas darten
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 2, 2001
                            Well. Me and Eric are still discussing design and such. Once we get that all worked out, putting the site together won't take long. We are going to need some info from various people in the list. But I'll wait till we get the design worked out.

                            these are the various pages that we are looking at using so far, the actual links to these pages may change.

                            1: Main index page
                            just a very short introduction, with links to the following pages:
                            2: who we are
                            provides a more detailed description of what we are doing and why. Also a list of everyone in our group (real names and/or alias's) and what each person does.
                            3: what is eeg biofeedback?
                            an introduction to eeg biofeedback for people who aren't sure what it is and what it is used for. Probably containing links to sites with more involved descriptions of specific areas.
                            4: technical specifications
                            a current description of the design, including any pictures and such.
                            5: progress and latest news
                            an often updated section showing where things are at overall.
                            6: areas we need help in
                            any part of the project that we still need people for.

                            If anyone has any ideas for other pages we need to add, please email it. Don't send me any specifics yet though (such as"my name is... make sure you put me on the list") I'll probably lose the info by the time we get to adding content.

                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 2, 2001
                              > I think that´s not necessarily true anymore. What about free-eeg ?
                              > Maybe in one word: freeeeg.org
                              > BTW, will the design have something like a gnu-license ? If so, we could
                              > call it gnu-eeg :)

                              I don't think I like the freeeeg one. While it would bring more visitors to
                              the site, I think it might cause a lot of people to leave once they realize
                              they are not getting a free product. The gnu-eeg idea is interesting though.
                              Anyone have any more input on this one? <G>

                              > We should vote or something like that ! What do the medical-people on
                              > our group
                              > think ? It should sound professional !
                              >
                              > Moritz

                              I think a vote is a good idea. We should keep throwing ideas out for a while
                              though I think. There have been some good ones, but I think we might fall
                              upon a great name.

                              here are some of my ideas (all .com or .org of course). I checked to make
                              sure these are still available too:
                              eegdesign(s) (or cheapeegdesign(s))
                              buildeeg
                              eegschematic
                              eegdiagram(s)
                              brainwavemachine
                              eegmachine (.net and .org are available)
                            • lucas darten
                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 1 7:25 PM
                                Hello everyone,

                                Question, how does everyone feel about info being put on the site about everyone active in the group? I am putting a page on there to give people an idea of the group that we have here, and wasn't sure what I could put on it. I was going to dig through the messages and make a list of everyone and  what they do, but I realised some people might not want any of their info on there.

                                So, anyone who has an opinion one way or the other, email me directly. Tell me what you want up there for you (or nothing). Here is basically what I am thinking:

                                Name (or alias, let me know if it is an alias)
                                Email, or say you don't want your email on there.
                                General geographic location(just country works)
                                What you do, have done or will do in the project.
                                Any other info you want up there.

                                At least to start, I only want to put people that are (or were) active in the group on there, so if you have done anything with the project (even if you don't want to be mentioned on the site), let me know. If anyone has had help from people not in the yahoo/egroup thing let me know if they would like to be included in this so they can get credit for their work too.

                                Lucas.