Re: [buildcheapeeg] about finding a lawyer to our group

  • Moritz v. Buttlar
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2001
      Hello everybody !

      I was also thinking a lot about the legal problems that might arise.
      Anybody from the US who could tackle this problem ? Here in Germany these kind
      of lawsuits aren�t as common as in the US. And lawyers working for free for the
      community are probably hard to find as well :)

      I�m still trying to implement IrDA into the device. This will probably result
      in a smaller using time. With 4 mignon rechargeable batteries the device will
      work for about 6-8hrs. Is that enough ? The IrDA protocol used will be IrCOMM
      which can be implemented like usual RS232 in Windows software by using
      so called "virtual com-ports".

      Moritz

      Baltic Microsolutions / Flash Microcontroller Custom-Development
      http://www.baltic-microsolutions.de
    • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2001
        --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., Moritz v. Buttlar <info@b...> wrote:

        > Hello everybody !
        >
        > I was also thinking a lot about the legal problems that might
        arise.
        > Anybody from the US who could tackle this problem ? Here in Germany
        these kind
        > of lawsuits aren´t as common as in the US. And lawyers working for
        free for the
        > community are probably hard to find as well :)
        >
        > I´m still trying to implement IrDA into the device. This will
        probably result
        > in a smaller using time. With 4 mignon rechargeable batteries the
        device will
        > work for about 6-8hrs. Is that enough ?
        for the first version my opnion is that would be enough .
        because if you're a really heavy user - more then 6 hours a day
        (assuming charge is less than a day ) - than you only have to buy
        another set of batteries basicly .so i think it very good .

        The IrDA protocol used will be IrCOMM
        > which can be implemented like usual RS232 in Windows software by
        using
        > so called "virtual com-ports".
        very good !

        from your letter i understand you have finished the design , at least
        on paper . good ! so in what stage are you now ?

        > Moritz

        yaniv v.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2001
          > The IrDA protocol used will be IrCOMM
          > > which can be implemented like usual RS232 in Windows software by
          > using
          > > so called "virtual com-ports".
          > very good !
          > >

          > from your letter i understand you have finished the design , at least
          > on paper . good ! so in what stage are you now ?

          I nearly finished the layout. The next step will be to build a prototype and to
          write the software for the microcontroller.