Re: I published current design at SourceForge

  • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 68 , Dec 3, 2001
      hi jim-m ,jim-p , duog and all .
      i have a question for you all electronics engineering gurus :
      i'm looking for simple way for our group to offer a 1 channel , very
      low cost , nfb machine , both pc based and stand alone .
      it's very important that the work that need to be done in order to
      have that would be minimal , and won't require expensive development
      tools , due to the nature of volunteer groups .
      so on thing to do is to start from what we have - joerg's comadc ,
      and go from there .
      another idea to make it much easier is that at first step , it would
      be only pc based and be working good , and very cheap , but anybody
      who have pc , could get from web the right development tools , and
      could develop software for the standalone version and download it
      via pc .so in such a way , the work could be shared by large group
      of volunteers , in order to have the standalone version .
      again empasize on cost , and minimal work is very critical .

      anybody would like to help in thinking and /or designing / coding
      for such a thing ?
      if so , post your ideas here , or talk with joerg /morritz.

      sincerly yaniv

      --- In buildcheapeeg@y..., "Jim Meissner" <jpmeissner@m...> wrote:
      > Dear Doug:
      >
      > I am running Windows 98. It runs out of the DOS prompt OK. I may
      have to send you the graphics driver also.

      > Juergen P. (Jim) Meissner
      > Check out my Website at www.MeissnerResearch.com
      > Read about the benefits of the Brain State Synchronizer sounds for
      improving your life and health.
      SourceForge

      > Jim,
      >
      > > The DOS EXE file is there and some data.
      >
      > I tried running SLINK12R.EXE on my Wincrash95 boxen in
      > DOS window. It fails with following error:
      >
      > Graphics error: Device driver file not found (EGAVGA.BGI)
      >
      > It looks like it's hard coded to load the above driver.
      > That driver is not present on my Windows 95 ver 4.00.1111.
      > Are you running it on a DOS only machine? What version of
      > DOS? MS-DOS? PC-DOS? DR-DOS? JIM-DOS? <grin> Or what?
      >
      > -- Doug
      >

      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > The human-computer interface seems to be stuck on the
      > WIMP (windows, icons, menus, pointer) model. What I'd
      > like is to have you call me and my clothing answers.
      >
      > http://home.earthlink.net/~wearable/jacket-wearable.html
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.
    • Chuck Davis
      Message 68 of 68 , Dec 9, 2001
        On 09-Dec-01, Doug Sutherland, wrote:
        >Hi Chuck,

        >>> How much $ for the infamous Roshi?
        >> $3995, complete.

        >Last week I discovered some info on Roshi on this page:
        >http://www.futurehealth.org/NFsystems.htm (info below)

        Hmmm, I didn't know that. I thought Rob had removed
        all references, to Roshi, from his site.

        >I have a few questions on Roshi ...

        >1) Is that $3995 complete with an Amiga system as
        > described on the futurehealth site?

        >2) Some time ago you mentioned a standalone Roshi
        > that requires no PC (just EEG & Light Goggles).
        > Is that available now? What's the price?

        The AVS stuff is build into the EEG unit, and can
        operate _on top of_ any NFB software. $1995

        >3) I've been puzzled about this for a long time:
        > you've said that Roshi differs from everything
        > else because it's a feedback loop, using the
        > EEG signals to change the entrainment activity
        > dynamically.

        It just means that the EEG is used to set the
        photo or mag stim parameters. It acts as sort
        of a neuro-mantra. Kinda like feeding the brain
        back on itself, to garner its own attention.
        Until the patents happen, I can't say anymore.

        > But is there settings for different
        > targets? For example, can I configure Roshi for
        > targets in different frequency bands? Can I
        > program it for different things like relax vs
        > deep relax vs intuition vs clarity/attenion?
        > Can I select these targets or are they fixed?

        All of the above happen, /automatically/ ;)

        There are no `real' adjustments, on the standalone
        unit; just LED/MagStim intensity adjustments. Your
        personal EEG context sets its feedback parameters.

        >TIA,
        >Doug

        Don't have time for loads of questions. I prefer lurking ;)

        >Roshi EEG Biofeedback Synchrony & Sound/Light EEG (Dis)Entrainment
        >Integrated System. The Roshi is Unique in a Number of WAYS

        >*The ROSHI is a complete, self-contained two/four channel EEG
        > neurofeedback and and training system. It comes with an EEG
        > amplifier, a set of light emitting goggles and an AMIGA computer
        > and monitor (ROSHI, with its high perforamnce multi-media
        > capabilities, was developed before the IBM became capable of
        > sophisticated multimedia performance). .

        >ROSHI offers a combination of features not found on any other
        >EEG biofeedback system.

        >First, its feedback response time is extraordinarily fast. It
        >is capable of responding to scalp events on a time scale of
        >about 30 milliseconds - that's 0.03 of a second - the fastest
        >response time of any computerized system.

        >Second, it has seven feedback functions:
        > Light Flash Feedback ("Talos-4" function):
        > Bi-Hemispheric Spectral Amplitude Reduction Training:
        > Bi-Hemispheric Amplitude Stability Training:
        > Neural Efficiency Training:
        > Synchrony Training:
        > Light Flash Assisted Single Hertz Uptraining:
        > Inter-Hemispheric Light Flash Training.

        What's to explain, here?
        --
        .-. .-.