Re: Optical data transmission

  • sleeper75se@yahoo.se
    Message 1 of 68 , Nov 30 8:51 AM
      > IRMS6118 from Infineon

      > http://www.infineon.com/cgi/ecrm.dll/ecrm/scripts/prod_ov.jsp?oid=

      > needs about 2.5 mA during transmission according to the data sheet.

      Thats pretty good, perfect for battery operation.

      > If we use NiMH rechargeable batteries with 1500mAH capacity, we
      > could run our EEG for quite a long time without recharging. I'd
      > like to use 4x1.2V batteries, but I'm not sure about the OpAmps,
      > how much voltage we need for them. For voltage regulation I thought
      > about a MAX603/4. Any other suggestions ?

      I don't think we need a regulator. If we have 4.8V from the battery,
      the digital parts will run happily, though it's hard to tell for how
      long, as the voltage drops. For the analog section we can let digital
      ground be -2.4V and digital VCC +2.4V. If we need more than that,
      it's possible to add two batteries at the 'ends' to achive +/- 3.6V,
      more than enough for a lot of opamps. What do you think about that?

    • Chuck Davis
      Message 68 of 68 , Dec 9, 2001
        On 09-Dec-01, Doug Sutherland, wrote:
        >Hi Chuck,

        >>> How much $ for the infamous Roshi?
        >> $3995, complete.

        >Last week I discovered some info on Roshi on this page:
        >http://www.futurehealth.org/NFsystems.htm (info below)

        Hmmm, I didn't know that. I thought Rob had removed
        all references, to Roshi, from his site.

        >I have a few questions on Roshi ...

        >1) Is that $3995 complete with an Amiga system as
        > described on the futurehealth site?

        >2) Some time ago you mentioned a standalone Roshi
        > that requires no PC (just EEG & Light Goggles).
        > Is that available now? What's the price?

        The AVS stuff is build into the EEG unit, and can
        operate _on top of_ any NFB software. $1995

        >3) I've been puzzled about this for a long time:
        > you've said that Roshi differs from everything
        > else because it's a feedback loop, using the
        > EEG signals to change the entrainment activity
        > dynamically.

        It just means that the EEG is used to set the
        photo or mag stim parameters. It acts as sort
        of a neuro-mantra. Kinda like feeding the brain
        back on itself, to garner its own attention.
        Until the patents happen, I can't say anymore.

        > But is there settings for different
        > targets? For example, can I configure Roshi for
        > targets in different frequency bands? Can I
        > program it for different things like relax vs
        > deep relax vs intuition vs clarity/attenion?
        > Can I select these targets or are they fixed?

        All of the above happen, /automatically/ ;)

        There are no `real' adjustments, on the standalone
        unit; just LED/MagStim intensity adjustments. Your
        personal EEG context sets its feedback parameters.

        Don't have time for loads of questions. I prefer lurking ;)

        >Roshi EEG Biofeedback Synchrony & Sound/Light EEG (Dis)Entrainment
        >Integrated System. The Roshi is Unique in a Number of WAYS

        >*The ROSHI is a complete, self-contained two/four channel EEG
        > neurofeedback and and training system. It comes with an EEG
        > amplifier, a set of light emitting goggles and an AMIGA computer
        > and monitor (ROSHI, with its high perforamnce multi-media
        > capabilities, was developed before the IBM became capable of
        > sophisticated multimedia performance). .

        >ROSHI offers a combination of features not found on any other
        >EEG biofeedback system.

        >First, its feedback response time is extraordinarily fast. It
        >is capable of responding to scalp events on a time scale of
        >about 30 milliseconds - that's 0.03 of a second - the fastest
        >response time of any computerized system.

        >Second, it has seven feedback functions:
        > Light Flash Feedback ("Talos-4" function):
        > Bi-Hemispheric Spectral Amplitude Reduction Training:
        > Bi-Hemispheric Amplitude Stability Training:
        > Neural Efficiency Training:
        > Synchrony Training:
        > Light Flash Assisted Single Hertz Uptraining:
        > Inter-Hemispheric Light Flash Training.

        What's to explain, here?
        .-. .-.
        RoshiCorp@... \ / \_/ `-' \ / \ /