status and tasks ahead

  • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2001
      here's a compilation of list of tasks remained to making of first
      version of our device .

      i have compiled this list as a call to this group memebers ,
      to find a task each can do , and by thus , our shared goal could
      be accomplished very fast .

      of course everything i write here is only my opinion ,
      and feedback would be gladly appreciated :)

      so to the tasks list :

      software :
      ----------
      1.decide if current version of the software that rob sacks has
      released for us to use , is enough for basic version of the
      machine ,under the assumption , that in time ( and with larger
      number of people using the machine ) better software could be
      developed and delivered via net .

      hardware :
      ----------
      1.meeting the device with some sort of safety regulations ,
      while not making it to much expensive .
      2.find which electrode plug is needed (according to standards)
      and where it could be bought ,and pricing .

      electrodes :
      ------------
      1.find a low cost source for good electrodes , or if there's none
      try to find some kind of manufactorer that will do this kind of job.
      (maybe instructions how to make electrodes found in brainmaster
      disscusion group could be helpfull).

      tutorial :
      -----------
      1.arrange for a proper tutorial that will allow users to use this
      machine - at least at some basic level that would be decided here .
      this don't have to be some special thing , if there's an
      appropriate book/books that will be good enough - just tell
      the user to buy them .

      legal advice :
      --------------
      1.somebody has to give answers to legal question about this kind of
      project , and because we don't have anybody with legal experience
      (or i don't of anybody ) , somebody have to find such a person .

      production :
      ------------
      1.because our hardware design is nearly finished - somebody has to
      contact a 3rd party producer that can produce and sell this
      devices , at LOW QUANTITY and with low price overhead , and show
      them the design and check for details .
      one person with such a company is at:
      Robert Iannini <info1@...>
      and also try to contact companies that sell assembled electronic
      kits - cause naturaly they would be there speciality .

      future volunteers :
      -------------------
      1.somebody need to be responsible to finding new people to volunteer
      and organzing it .

      web site :
      ----------
      1.building a web site to this group , as part of finding people ,
      lucas darten is responsible for this one , but maybe he needs some
      help .

      and another thing - if somebody with experience in project managment
      would like do some sort of organize to this project , i think it
      may be helpfull .

      i have added a new table in the database section in-a table of tasks
      needed to version1 completion . if somebody would like to volunteer
      to some tasks , please add your name in the right place in table .

      so please find your place in one of the tasks , there are tasks fit
      for everybody i thunk , some require little time , some more time ,
      some require technical expertise , some don't, so i think everybody
      could help in something , and with just little help from anybody ,
      this project we'll be ready very soon , and we (and other people as
      well ) could enjoy the fruits , and a brain machine , as we all know
      , is quite a good tool , and a really big achievment :)

      so good luck!
    • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 27, 2001
        sorry
        but i forgot another task
        competing in the ti "analog design challenge "

        yaniv