PsychoVisual

  • Thomas Carr
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 10, 2001
      Hi All,
      sounds like these guys have the same concept, I look forward to checking out
      their product. I received this on the mind-l list from a user:

      > PsycoVisual is a non-profit project : for this reason the price is
      > low ! You pay only the Electronic Components ! With USD 200 anyone
      > can made EEG System !
      >
      > I think that PsycoVisual is the Best System in the World for EEG
      > Lover !

    • Lucas Darten
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 11, 2001
        hey all,

        About the psychovisual feedback machine. Can you guys tell from the specs
        they give on the site how it compares to the one you guys are working on?

        Lucas.

      • Rob Sacks
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 12, 2001
          Hi Lucas,

          I couldn't see any specs on the site, so I wrote
          and asked for them. I was very specific,
          asking in particular for two specifications
          (bit width and sampling rate).

          They wrote back with a bunch of unresponsive
          hype, ignoring my questions.

          I wrote and asked again. They didn't reply.

          I can only conclude that something is fishy
          with PsycoVisual.

          Regards,

          Rob

          > About the psychovisual feedback machine. Can you guys tell from the specs
          > they give on the site how it compares to the one you guys are working on?
          >
          > Lucas.

        • ljdarten
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 12, 2001
            That is fishy. They seem to have made quite a campaign out of letting people
            know about it. They may be overwhelmed with emails. Did it seem to be a
            personal reply or an autoresponder?

            Only a couple possibilities I can see here: (1) it's crap and they don't
            want anyone to know (2) they are over whelmed with emails and either have
            autoresponders or people responding to the mail who don't know the specs.

            > About the psychovisual feedback machine. Can you guys tell from the specs
            > they give on the site how it compares to the one you guys are working on?
            >
            > Lucas.

            eGroups Sponsor
            Big News - eGroups is becoming Yahoo! Groups Click here for more details

          • Rob Sacks
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 12, 2001
              > Did it seem to be a
              > personal reply or an autoresponder?

              It took them a couple of days to reply, so I think it
              was sent individually by a person. (An autoresponder
              normally mails a reply within minutes.) But the text
              seemed to be a form letter.

            • yaniv_vi@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 13, 2001
                --- In buildcheapeeg@egroups.com, "Rob Sacks" <editor@r...> wrote:
                hi
                rob you said you can contact them .
                is it a possibility to contact them by phone , and ask to
                talk with the person incharge and check the details with him ?
                cause if it's a problem of overwhelmed emails - phone may be better.
                and maybe it's possible to ask for a demo .

                maybe you should help rob kall ( as a respected person in this field
                make contacts with them - they will surely want such a contact ,
                and he could easily check there claims - that's is if he has time and
                wants to do of course ).

                thanks

              • Rob Sacks
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 13, 2001
                  Hi Yaniv,

                  I don't have any special method of contacting them.
                  I just wrote to the email address on their website.

                  I don't feel any inclination to call them. If anybody
                  else wants to try, the email they sent me was signed
                  "Boroni Emanuele" and he included the fax number
                  +39(6)233214645. I believe he is in Italy.

                  Regards,

                  Rob

                  > is it a possibility to contact them by phone , and ask to
                  > talk with the person incharge and check the details with him ?
                  > cause if it's a problem of overwhelmed emails - phone may be better.
                  > and maybe it's possible to ask for a demo .
                  >
                  > maybe you should help rob kall ( as a respected person in this field
                  > make contacts with them - they will surely want such a contact ,
                  > and he could easily check there claims - that's is if he has time and
                  > wants to do of course ).
                  >
                  > thanks
                  >
                  > > > Did it seem to be a
                  > > > personal reply or an autoresponder?
                  > >
                  > > It took them a couple of days to reply, so I think it
                  > > was sent individually by a person. (An autoresponder
                  > > normally mails a reply within minutes.) But the text
                  > > seemed to be a form letter.

                • Rob Kall
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 13, 2001
                    Message text written by INTERNET:buildcheapeeg@egroups.com
                    >maybe you should help rob kall ( as a respected person in this field
                    make contacts with them - they will surely want such a contact ,
                    and he could easily check there claims - that's is if he has time and
                    wants to do of course ). <

                    I am totally buried right now, in the final stretch of preparation for the
                    winter brain meeting. After Feb 15th, when the dust has settled, I'll be
                    happy to look into it.

                    Anybody coming to Miami on this list?

                    Rob Kall
                    Futurehealth, Inc.
                    211 N. Sycamore St., Newtown, PA 18940 215-504-1700, fax 215-860-5374
                    www.futurehealth.org
                    Futurehealth's Advanced Meetings-- Integrating clinical, research, optimal
                    functioning, transpersonal, heart, spirit and peak performance

                    9th Annual Winter Brain Meeting Feb 2-6, 2001 Miami FL
                    4th Annual Optimal FUnctioning and Positive Psychology Meeting, Feb 1-2,
                    Miami FL
                    Understanding and Healing ADD: 2 days with Thom Hartmann, Lynda & Michael
                    Thompson, & Judith Lubar Jan 31, Feb 1, Miami
                    Introduction to QEEG / Brain Mapping for Neurofeedback: 2 day
                    course with Joel Lubar, Jay Gunkelman and Bill Hudspeth, Jan 31, Feb 1,
                    Miami
                    Introduction to EEG Biofeedback Foundations Course Lubar, Othmer,
                    Brown, Thompson, Swingle, Kall, Thursday Feb 1