365a different input circuit

  • Anand John
    May 1, 2001
      Hello everybody! My name is John and I'm a new member
      to the group. Just wanted to share this schematic I
      found on the net...check out the attachment. It seems
      to be quite promising and the output of the circuit
      could be fed directly to a soundcard for further
      processing. I emailed Mr. Bernd Porr, the man who
      engineered the circuit, and this is what he had to say
      :

      Dear John,
      it can work with some sound cards. The problem is that
      the interesting EEG frequencies are around 1Hz. Most
      sound cards have a high-pass filter of around 20Hz
      build in. If you can find a card without such a high
      pass filter it could work. Take a sine wave generator
      and send the signal to the card. Test the frequencies
      from 0.1Hz to 40Hz. In this range the card should have
      a flat response. The second problem is the sampling
      rate: a sound card samples with a rather high sample
      rate.