2388Re: [buildcheapeeg] BWView

  • Doug Sutherland
    Mar 1, 2002
      Dave,

      > I am curious... why would we want both single and double
      > floating point percision? Are there speed trade-offs?
      > Calculation accuracies?

      I don't think we would want both. The issue was whether
      to make FFTW part of OpenEEG or keep it as a separate
      package. My argument was that people may want to use
      FFTW and SDL for other things besides OpenEEG. Since
      FFTW can exist as both single and double precision on
      the same machine, there is no conflict. In other words,
      the fact that we need single precision doesn't stop
      people from using either single or double elsewhere.

      Namaste,
      Doug
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic