219Re: Hardware status (cheapeeg)

  • peterson@discover-net.net
    Apr 1, 2001
      Eric & Company--A couple of thoughts:
      First, on the issue of safety--it may very well be possible for
      someone to come to harm with brainwave training. For example, Theta
      is reported by some to be a somewhat seizure-genic state, so a person
      (such as an epileptic) who increases his theta production may be
      putting himself at somewhat higher risk of seizures. Also, people
      with traumatic histories who do alpha-theta training may increase the
      likelihood of getting flashbacks or other highly unpleasant PTSD
      symptoms. These are very useful effects when they occur in therapy,
      but can be quite rough on someone who doesn't know what they are or
      why they are happening.
      Second, on the IR versus optic isolation issue, I agree that IR
      may be a problem for some people, although I guess that there are
      ways of getting a desktop to work with an IR keyboard, etc. How
      expensive is an add-on like this? Anybody know?

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic