Re: [bugclub] Food for Sipyloidea Sipylus (Pink winged insect)

  • KM Pitts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
      Hi

      In my experience of feeding stick insects in the UK, bramble can be
      found throughout the winter. It becomes less obvious but there's still
      plenty of it about, I've found that car parks (with hedges that are not
      cut frequently), old railway tracks and most wooded areas have bramble
      all year round. If you really can't find any then try your stick insects
      on privet or hawthorn, they may not take to the new food though if
      they've only been fed on bramble to date. Sometimes they can be
      encouraged to feed by snipping the edges of the leaves with scissors
      before putting them in with the stick insects.

      All the best with your bramble hunt

      Kieren