Southern Damselfly

  • Andy Horton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hello,

      Southern Damselfly

      I do not think the television (BBC Meridian News, 1 December 2000) had a
      picture of Coenagrion mercuriale if this is the actual damselfly under
      threat near Eastleigh?

      The photograph seemed to show a much more common species, which members of
      the public may have actually seen in their back gardens, which rather
      defeats the argument against building homes.

      What is the incidence and distribution of Coenagrion mercuriale in Britain?
      (if I have got the correct species?)

      Cheers

      Andy Horton
      Manager