RE: [bugclub] Fwd: Please help

  • Romy Lazzari
    Message 1 of 6 , May 21, 2013
      probably a tick, vets nurses can remove them easily

      To: bugclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: ehollingsbee@...
      Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 20:08:18 -0500
      Subject: [bugclub] Fwd: Please help

      Sorry, photo attached now

      Sent from my iPad
      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Erin Hollingsbee <ehollingsbee@...>
      Date: May 20, 2013, 8:07:28 PM EST
      To: "bugclub@yahoogroups.com" <bugclub@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Please help

      Hi,

      Sorry if this has already been received, im not sure whether it did from the website. I'd be really grateful if someone could identify this bug for me, it was burrowing in my dog's neck. I live in the Cayman Islands.

      Thank you,

      Erin

      Sent from my iPad
    • Erin Hollingsbee
      Message 2 of 6 , May 21, 2013
        really?  It was pretty big for a tick (although I've never seen one before so I don't really know, just assumed they were much tinier than that!)?! Anyway, thank you so much for your help and off to get that sorted at lunchtime!

        Thanks again,

        Erin

        On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Vidhya Swaminathan <vidhyaswaminathan@...> wrote:

        Hi Erin,

        Looks like a dog tick. The sooner you help your dog get rid of this infestation the better, for him and you.

        Regards
        Vid

        ________________________________
        >Sorry if this has already been received, im not sure whether it did from the website.  I'd be really grateful if someone could identify this bug for me, it was burrowing in my dog's neck. I live in the Cayman Islands.
        >
        >Thank you,
        >
        >Erin
        >
        >Sent from my iPad

      • Vidhya Swaminathan
        Message 3 of 6 , May 21, 2013
          It's usually pretty small but becomes huge when it's engorged with blood.

          Regards
          Vid

          >Sorry if this has already been received, im not sure whether it did from the website.  I'd be really grateful if someone could identify this bug for me, it was burrowing in my dog's neck. I live in the Cayman Islands.
          >
          >Thank you,
          >
          >Erin
          >
          >Sent from my iPad

        • markj
          Message 4 of 6 , May 23, 2013
            Is humour allowed here? I read this response without seeing the question and wondered if I had accidentally entered some lude chat room! ;~)

            Thanks for the laugh

            Mark