Help with identity

  • Wilson Wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 1.6 MB
    Can any member please help me identify this Cricket which I found locally in the Cotswolds, but cant find in books or online ?
    I'd be most grateful
    Thanks David
  • gordonjarvis@rocketmail.com
    Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2012
      --- In bugclub@yahoogroups.com, Wilson Wilson <charmer45671@...> wrote:

      > Can any member please help me identify this Cricket which I found locally in the Cotswolds, but cant find in books or online ?
      > I'd be most grateful
      > Thanks David

      I think you will find it is a Roesel's bush-cricket. Metrioptera roeselii.

      Gordon
    • Graeme Stroud
      Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2012

        That’s a female Roesel’s bush cricket.

        Graeme

        Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2012
          Roesel's Bush Cricket

          Did you find this recently? They matured so late this year. This has been such a terrible terrible year for such insects. I fear if this current climate regime of cold summers continues we will be losing a lot of these creatures soon. Butterflies are at dangerously low levels now.

          It is unsustainable