Re: What sort of insect is this?

  • mulattokid@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2011
      A cockchafer?

    • markj
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2011
        A cockshafer of some kind? Where was it found?

        Mark
        --- In bugclub@yahoogroups.com, "amtrak_p079" <amtrak_p079@...> wrote:

        > I found this outside today, dead all-be-it, but none the less... I've never seen anything like this. Can someone help me in determining what this insect is?
        >
        > http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i349/Kazareh/?action=view¤t=Picture001.jpg

      • cacopede
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2011
          dang, if you are in the usa that looks like a Necrophila americana

          http://bugguide.net/node/view/6744

          rare and neat bugs

          --- In bugclub@yahoogroups.com, "amtrak_p079" <amtrak_p079@...> wrote:

          > I found this outside today, dead all-be-it, but none the less... I've never seen anything like this. Can someone help me in determining what this insect is?
          >
          > http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i349/Kazareh/?action=view¤t=Picture001.jpg

        • Jeremy Hughes
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2011
            Well we had some small just-growing plants we bought, tomato plants, still in the 2x6 plastic containers. We found it in the base-tray of the container where it would hold any spilled water from the containers themself.