An odd ant bug? Help me ID this please.

  • haku_redd
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2010

      I found this little bug in my California home right on my arm. >.< After sticking it on some tape to keep it still, (which didn't last too long) I was able to take this pic and get a better look at it. It looks almost like an ant with it's head, six legs and feelers, but its long narrow abdomen (I'm not sure if that is what it is called) it doesn't really look like any ant I have ever seen before. It also appears to have one set of wings as well hidden away on it's back. This bug is mostly black with a bit of a shine to it and all of its legs are short, much like those of an ant are. Could someone please help me identify this little bug, please. ^.^;
    • David Hodges
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
        It's a beetle of some kind cant be any more sure than that

        Dave

        To: bugclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: Haku_Redd13@...
        Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 06:55:05 +0000