Does anyone know what this is?

  • brenda johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2010
      We have been to doctor.  They have been sent to state lab.  We have told we are crazy because they could not see anything.  I purchased a toy that magnifies up to 400x and that is how I got these photos and many more.  They do bite, they do burrow, itch, hurt and scar.  You can not see them with the naked eye.  It just looks like a black speck of pepper.  Something is laying these in us and  even though everyone tells me that moths do not bite; we pull moths off the top of these sores.  Please help.  We are not crazy and our home is not nasty.

      Thanks,
      BJ

    • mulattokid
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2010
        --- In bugclub@yahoogroups.com, brenda johnson <bren16johnson@...> wrote:

        > We have been to doctor.  They have been sent to state lab.  We have told we are crazy because they could not see anything.  I purchased a toy that magnifies up to 400x and that is how I got these photos and many more.  They do bite, they do burrow, itch, hurt and scar.  You can not see them with the naked eye.  It just looks like a black speck of pepper.  Something is laying these in us and  even though everyone tells me that moths do not bite; we pull moths off the top of these sores.  Please help.  We are not crazy and our home is not nasty.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > BJ

        No idea, but the sores look like they are caused by the 'scabies' mite.

        i am sure yyou will find out soon enough and get it dealt with.

        Mark
      • Matt Smith
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2010
          Sorry, but I can't see anything here that even faintly resembles anything like an insect.  If it were an insect or mite there there should be some recogniseable body parts or appeandages, and there is nothing like that in these photos.

          To me it looks like scrapings of healing granulating tissue (like you get in scratches) with the addtion of a few bits of dust.

          We have been to doctor.  They have been sent to state lab.  We have told we are crazy because they could not see anything.  I purchased a toy that magnifies up to 400x and that is how I got these photos and many more.  They do bite, they do burrow, itch, hurt and scar.  You can not see them with the naked eye.  It just looks like a black speck of pepper.  Something is laying these in us and  even though everyone tells me that moths do not bite; we pull moths off the top of these sores.  Please help.  We are not crazy and our home is not nasty.

          Thanks,
          BJ

        • bren16johnson
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 12, 2010
            Thanks for the answers. I guess I need to send better photo. It is not skin as this is what is in clothing or pulled off skin and it is not scabies cause it was sent to state. I have some professionals out of state helping me now so maybe we will find out soon.

            Thanks again.