Bed Bugs?

  • juliacchapman
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2009
      I live in Brooklyn, NY and recently found two of these bugs (see permalink, as I couldn't figure out how to attach directly)in my bedroom. One was dead on the bed and the other was crawling on the wall. The larger of the two is 1/4" long. The bug is fairly flat with a very dark abdomen. The thorax has a dark outline and a yellow/clear center. The bug has no wings but two antennae, six legs, and two cerci. My first concern was bed bugs, but the bug I found does not quite resemble the pictures of bed bugs I found online. Any thoughts as to what it might be?
      Thank you!

      Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to attach the photo, here's the permalink:
    • Matt Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2010
        Hi

        Not bedbugs certainly, most likey a small juvenile cockroach, though i can't be more specific than that.

        Regards

        Matt

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/bugclub/ photos/album/ 962832137/ pic/60881340/ view