Insect collection/dermestid beetle

  • byejune1989
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      I just recently purchased an insect collection, and it seems to be
      infected with dermestid beetles I can see larvae in one of the cases.
      They are in riker mounts and I was wondering what the best way to kill
      the larvae. Moth balls?
    • Andy Chick
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2007
        Place the collection in frezer for a few days,
        if you do use moth balls check that they are paradichlorobenzene based as
        nalphatamine and other moth balls only act as a detrent