Re: [bugclub] Ant Lion under attack

  • prasad murugan
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
      Hai,
      ]
           Carol, iam Prasad from India.Have you uploaded the pictures of Ant lion?
          When Ant lion are kept under captivity you can observe many more intersiting   facts.

       Bye,
        Prasad.

      Jack Schmidling <jack@...> wrote:
      carol.hernandez wrote:
      > I was watching my Ant Lions feed and one ant was stuck in a
      > funnel trap and was haveing a hard time trying to excape. Well
      > the Ant Lion caught the ant and pullued him under the sand.
      > Then 8 other ants (after haveing some kind of ant discussion)
      > ran over to the funnel trap reached inside and pulled the ant out.
      > It took a while. They got that ant out of the way then all started
      > to attack the Ant Lion. It looked like they planned it.

      That is an amazing bit of observation on behavior.

      More reason not to step on ants.

      js

      --
      PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling. com/pow.htm
      Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling. com

    • carol.hernandez
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
        Hi Bugclub. Sorry I have not got to post any pics as my comp is out at
        the moment but when it was up I tried to let people watch on the web
        cam. As soon as it it fixed I will try again. Thanks for being
        interested. Carol

        --- In bugclub@yahoogroups.com, prasad murugan <prasadgeevan@...>