Re: [bugclub] URGENT..., Help me plz

  • tlgregory.com@juno.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
      The monarchs name is danaus plexippus
      order- lepidoptera
      superfamily- papilionoidea
      family- nymphalidae

      You have one that looks like a cabbage butterfly.
      Last year my son collected the same pupa, but we cannot find it.
      As far as the others try surfing the net. That is what we did.
      Honestly, it takes HOURS!!!! DAYS!!! I will try to find some
      reliable sites.

      Interested in getting caught up on today's news?
      Click here to checkout USA TODAY Headlines.
      http://track.juno.com/s/lc?s=198954&u=http://www.usatoday.com/news/front.htm?csp=24
    • tlgregory.com@juno.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2007
        oehlkew@...
        I found this person who has a website. He is supposed to be an expert
        of sorts. Good Luck!

        Interested in getting caught up on today's news?
        Click here to checkout USA TODAY Headlines.
        http://track.juno.com/s/lc?s=198954&u=http://www.usatoday.com/news/front.htm?csp=24
      • vaz viren
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2007
          Hi,

          In indonesia then u might wanna try danaus genutia
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danaus_genutia
          instead of plexipus... which is a N.America species

          Raking through the pierids heres what I came up with.
          http://www.worldleps.com/bjava.htm
          http://www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~don/larvae/pier/java.html

          Wishing for a closer shot of the caterpillar. Something seems very familiar abt it.

          Regards
          Viren Vaz

        • prince_bla2002
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2007
            Your websites that you have been given to me will be really helpful..,
            I really thank you Viren....

            Warm Regards

            Faisal