Hi everyone

  • graciouswolfe
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2006
      I recently moved to Romney, WV. There are bugs all over the yard that
      are black, w/ wings that are black and orange/red. The younger or
      smaller bugs seem to have more orange/red, than black on the wings. If
      anyone has any idea what these bugs are, please let me know. They seem
      to be more populated in a tree trunk in my backyard. They are about the
      size of a medium-sized German roach.
      Thank you,
      Gary
    • carol.hernandez
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2006
        --- In bugclub@yahoogroups.com, "graciouswolfe" <graciouswolfe@...>
        wrote:

        > I recently moved to Romney, WV. There are bugs all over the yard
        that
        > are black, w/ wings that are black and orange/red. The younger or
        > smaller bugs seem to have more orange/red, than black on the wings.
        If
        > anyone has any idea what these bugs are, please let me know. They
        seem
        > to be more populated in a tree trunk in my backyard. They are about
        the
        > size of a medium-sized German roach.
        > Thank you,
        > Gary
        >Hi Gary. What kind of tree are they on? Are you sure the small ones
        have wings? Do they have some thing on thier back legs. They might be
        leaf footed bugs.
      • Dafydd Lewis
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2006
          Hi Gary,
          Did it look anything like the bug in the photo on the following
          website:
          http://www.oznet.k-state.edu/hfrr/extensn/POW/2001/June_13.htm

          Although this is described as a 'pest' on this website it isn't in
          most garden / back yard situations.
          Dafydd