Re: Pictures of my Red Spider/Mite?

  • Gaz
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2006
      --- In bugclub@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Powell" <martinpowell2001@...>
      wrote:

      > Ok, I have uploaded 2 pictures into the Identify 2 folder
      >
      > RedSpider1.jpg
      > RedSpiderScale.jpg
      >
      > Looks like it is 6 legs and 2 long feelers/antenae!!
      >
      > Anyone know what these guys are, and what they feed on?
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Martin
      >
      > EDITORS NOTE:
      >
      > You can view them directly by clicking on:-

      > and
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bugclub/files/Identity2/RedSpiderScale.jpg
      >
      > I think many of us have these around the outside of the house at
      present.
      > I don't know which species of Red Spider Mite they are....?

      Did anyone ever find out what these little fellows are? I also live in
      England and feel slightly guilty for committing genocide on these mini
      beasts as a child, I'd like to find out about them.
      Here's one I took a piccy of with a macro lense-
      http://i4.tinypic.com/16appvs.jpg
      They seem to live on rocks and they like the sunshine, but thats all I
      know.
      Thanks in advance

      Gaz