Little red bugs

  • murrschatz
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
      Help !!! I've got little red bugs in my basement and their all over
      my desk. They're about the size of a period at the end of a sentence.
      They smash very easily. If I've gotten them on me they don't seem to
      bother me but I need to find out what they are and how to get rid of
      them without poisioning myself. Thanks for your help.
      - Murray
    • michelle montgomery
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
        I don't know where you live but it sounds like a variety of mite. It would be better if you have a picture to post.

        murrschatz <murrschatz@...> wrote: Help !!! I've got little red bugs in my basement and their all over
        my desk. They're about the size of a period at the end of a sentence.
        They smash very easily. If I've gotten them on me they don't seem to
        bother me but I need to find out what they are and how to get rid of
        them without poisioning myself. Thanks for your help.
        - Murray

        Pictures of the eggs, larvae and pupae of UK Lepidoptera can be viewed at:
        http://www.ukleps.btinternet.co.uk/

        The provisional date of the next AES Exhibition is 8th April 2006 and will be located in York.

        The provisional date of the next southern AES Annual Exhibition at Kempton Park Racecourse, Sunbury, Middlesex is Saturday 7 October 2006, open from 11am to 4.30pm. For further details and information on membership of the AES see the AES Website at http://www.amentsoc.org/.

        For advice on insects and membership of the AES Bug Club (open to those under 13) see the AES Bug Club website at
        http://www.ex.ac.uk/bugclub