      Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 9:57 AM
      Subject: Re: [bugclub] Jersey Tiger Moth + Crane Fly

      Hi Graeme - this is my 1st ever post to bug club.
      I spotted a Jersey Tiger moth in a garden in Montpelier Rd, Peckham in August. We had never seen anything quite like it so we googled straight away and it was definately a Jersey Tiger - absolutely beautiful. I'm afraid we didn't get a shot of it - no camera handy - but we did get a really good look so there's no mistake. The colours looked a lot brighter than your shot - in particular the white/beige stripes looked more yellow - but that could just be the contrast/sunshine I guess.
      I read they were only found in the Channel Islands. I assumed the information must be out of date and that they had perhaps become common as far north as London - so I'm excited to read your posting.
      I'd love to hear what other responses you get - how far north has the furthest Jersey Tiger got??
      Cheers

      Gill Vance (from North Yorkshire - where we don't expect to see Jersey Tigers for quite some time!).