      That could work on 2 levels then as I'm getting a bit creaky in the joints!
      Seriously though - I'm not sure about putting THAT on my skin......

      Thanks all the same.
      On 11/09/2013 09:22, cree john wrote:
      Hi there, Apparently WD40 works.

      From: Doreen Hancock <wendo_22@...>
      To: bugclub@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, 10 September 2013, 8:48
      Subject: Re: [bugclub] Re: Biting insects
      ????
      Thanks for the TCP tip Janette.

      If a 'flower bug' has started to have a go at humans, what else (apart from the obvious biters & stingers we have already) is out there???? waiting to have a go???

      I'm off to New Zealand soon where the 'Mozzys' & Sand flies will welcome me with open arms!
      Anyone know of a repellent that REALLY works - I have tried most of the ones on sale & Avon 'skin so soft' without success.

      Doreen

      On 09/09/2013 11:50, Janette Crisp wrote:
      I live in Worcester Park in Surrey and have been bitten by the same thing, normally around the ankle and lower leg. I too am very sensitive to insect bites and have to take antihistamine tab,ets to cope with the intense itching. I haven't actually seen anything bite me so its good to be able to out a name to the culprit

      ( a dab of TCP works wonders on them, Wendo)

      Janette????

      Sent from my iPad
      On 9 Sep 2013, at 00:45, "matsmith60" <matsmith60@...>wrote:
      ????
      Looks like a flower bug of some sort, possibly Anthocoris nemorum. These are predatory bugs hat do sometime bite humans "by mistake", some people are sensitive to these bites.

      Mtt

      --- In bugclub@yahoogroups.com, "wendo_22" mailto:wendo_22@... wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > I'm really hoping that someone could identify this vicious little critter for me?
      >
      > I live in Surrey, near Guildford & whilst in my garden, (& everywhere else) I'm a sitting target for all kinds of biting insects, horseflies, mozzys, midges (& sandflies in New Zealand) - anything & everything.
      > Now something else has joined in the 'free meals'.
      >
      > I have experienced several bites from this species this year & was lucky enough to smack & kill one which I have a couple of photos of.
      > I can feel when they bite - sharp prick like sensation, then a red itchy swelling appears.
      > After about a day, a small blister with clear fluid appears & it takes an age for it to clear up.
      >
      > I'm sure that they are not fleas (these have quite long antennae) as I have been bitten by those (cats, dogs & hedgehogs fleas) & react in a different way & more violently.
      >
      > (I have some pictures of it but can't see how to download them?)
      >
      > Do hope someone can put a name to it - I would like to know what I'm have to deal with now!
      > Thanks.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic