Re: [buffalojugglers] Movie night

  • Steve Delmonte
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2013
      Love Beetlejuice!! But alas we'll be on a mini vacation, we'll make one
      of these!
      Cheers,
      Steve
      On 7/31/13 11:33 PM, V Conway wrote:

      > We're showing Beetlejuice this Friday at 9:00. If you come you should
      > bring a chair. Scott's invited 'a few' friends so we could run out.
      >
      > Vance

    • vance_wny
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 7, 2014
        This Saturday is movie night.  Showing either The Grand Budapest Hotel or Mel Brooks' Silent Movie.

        If you don't know the address let me know.

        Vance

      • brokeraudi
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 8, 2014
          i can't make it as i have to go see the in-laws, very dissapointed, maybe I can come late. Really wanted to go to the Vance outdoor theatre experience.
        • FlopEJoe
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 9, 2014
            Probably.
              --Joe

            On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM, brokeraudi@... [buffalojugglers] <buffalojugglers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            i can't make it as i have to go see the in-laws, very dissapointed, maybe I can come late. Really wanted to go to the Vance outdoor theatre experience.

          • Jerry House
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 9, 2014
              You missed a good one, Audi.  The Grand Budapest Hotel was great.  And it had some REALLY good examples of bathos (seriously).

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 9, 2014
                The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't.
                Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1978)

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 11, 2014
                  I definitely plan on seeing GBH, if you liked it you might like moonrise Kingdom or Royal Tenenbaums or Fantastic Mr Fox which are other Wes Anderson films, but some folks say that Grand Budapest hotel is his best movie so looking forward to seeing it.