List of upcoming Juggling events. (May 4, 2012)

  • Jerry House
    Message 1 of 4 , May 4 7:53 PM
      AGREED TO:
      - Saturday, May 19th, 11am(?):  Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis.
      Widewaters Park in Lockport.  I will check on the time - the walk begins at 12pm, I suspect they'd like us there about an hour earlier, but I'm not sure.  Jerry, Joe, Tim A, and Dave have said they'll try to make it.

      - Friday, June 15th, 5:30pm(?):  St. Greg's Great Race.  St. Gregs's in Amherst.  Again, I will check on the time, but 5:30 is what it says on their website.  NOTE: They will be paying us an honorarium of $100.   Jerry and Joe have said they'll try to make it. (I think others have said they'd try too, but I can't seem to find the emails.)

      WE HAVE NOT SAID YES OR NO TO:
      - Saturday, June 2, 11am-7pm: Taste of Diversity Festival.  Lafayette at Grant.
      - Saturday, June 2, Noon-5:45pm:  Queen City Roller Girls Day.  Carnegie Art Center, near Goundry St, North Tonawanda
      Personally, I'd like to do the QCRG one, because I think we'd be doing another unicycle parade thingy.  Joe suggested we could try to do both.  Anyone else have any thoughts?

      - Friday, June 22 / Saturday, June 23:  Ride for Roswell / Celebration Day.
      Roswell Park is COMBINING the Survivor's Day and Ride for Roswell in one big two-day event:  The Survivor's Day  / Ride Opening Ceremony is Friday June 22 from 4 to 7, and the Ride is Saturday June 23 from 9 to 3.  I wrote back to the contact person today (5/4), telling her that we ARE interested, but are not sure which day would be best.  If Friday was just like the Survivor's Day, with the carnival-like atmosphere, I'd say that that's our target.  But I don't think that's the case, and I'm hoping the contact person might have a thought or two.  Stay tuned.

      MISCELLANEOUS
      - Friday, August 24: a "Health and Wellness Fair" for the Precision Photo Fab company in Blasdell.  I'll contact that guy this coming week and see if it's a go or no-go.  We've pretty much said that, as this isn't a normal charity or cure event, we'd like some sort of honorarium for an appearance.
    • FlopEJoe
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4 8:55 PM
        AGREED TO:
        - Saturday, May 19th, 11am(?):  Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis.
        I'm there like Voltaire. For you GPSers:614 Market St, Lockport, NY 14094

        - Friday, June 15th, 5:30pm(?):  St. Greg's Great Race.
        I'm in like Eli Whitney's cotton gin. But I may also be running.

        WE HAVE NOT SAID YES OR NO TO:
        - Saturday, June 2, 11am-7pm: Taste of Diversity Festival.  Lafayette at Grant.
        - Saturday, June 2, Noon-5:45pm:  Queen City Roller Girls Day.
        I'm on it like a stock split. If there's a vote for doing one, I'd also lean towards the Roller Babes.

        Taste the Diversity: I looked it up and the original email had the statement: "also we are also working on sponsorships for entertainers" and wonder if this means some entertainers are getting paid.

        - Friday, June 22 / Saturday, June 23:  Ride for Roswell / Celebration Day.
        Hopefully we'll get some scoop. I could probably do both but, as I've said, I wasn't a fan of the ride day. It was a long ass walk, no one seemed to pay attention to us, and my clubs got chewed up juggling on the parking lot.

        I'm out like a snake river fine-spotted cutthroat trout. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_River_fine-spotted_cutthroat_trout)

      • davef@gravitationalbull.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5 4:39 AM
          As of right now, I am available for the Roswell thing.  Prefer Friday.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 5 5:30 AM
            Cheers,
            Steve Delmonte
            Cartoonist/Humorous Illustrator