Mary the mime

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
      Hey everyone,

         I mentioned last night at practice that Mary the mime is performing and juggling at a show at NU starting next week and she wanted me to pass it along. Ill be going on Thursday if anyone is interested. Ill be picking up the clubs she borrowed that night also.

      NU Theatre in collaboration with Ontario’s Theatre Beyond Words, presents THE BOY WHO COULD SING PICTURES, adapted by John Lazarus from the anti-war children’s book by Seymour Leichman. The play is a Renaissance tale about a boy’s unique gift that attracts a large peasant following. The boy’s popularity draws the attention of the king, and a royal performance is commanded. What follows is a surprise for all.

      An enchanting multimedia theatrical event for the whole family that includes puppets, masks, juggling, projections and music, THE BOY WHO COULD SING PICTURES has been called “a lavish ode against foolish battles, set in times when miracles were marveled over, rather than explained.” The play advocates such virtues as charity, humility and basic human kindness, all intrinsic to the spirit of the Christmas season. The production’s jewel-bright satiny costumes add color and pageantry to this mythical story about a boy who chooses, at great personal risk, to speak the truth from his heart.

      DATES & TIMES:
      THE BOY WHO COULD SING PICTURES will be on stage in the Leary Theatre within the Elizabeth Ann Clune Center for Theatre, Niagara University.

      Thursday, Dec. 8, @ 7pm.
      Friday, Dec. 9, @ 7:30pm.
      Saturday, Dec. 10, @ 2pm & 7;30pm.
      * Sunday, Dec. 11, @ 2pm.
      Friday, Dec. 16, @ 7:30pm.
      Saturday, Dec. 17, @ 2pm & 7:30pm.
      Sunday, Dec. 18, @ 2pm.

      </End shameless friend promotion>

      Tim A
    • FlopEJoe

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
          Did you guys hear the one about the mime who disappeared? She skipped town and hasn't been heard from since. Yuck yuck yuck

          Tim A

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2011
            ...and when she skipped town, she packed up her wheel and spoke.
            (coulda been a Cyr wheel)