Juggling this Saturday, August 7th

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
      Hey gang,

      For anyone interested, there are two events on Saturday for which we have been asked to provide entertainment and teach juggling.

      The first is the Walk to Defeat ALS with headquarters at the Parkside Lodge at Delaware Park. A map showing where this is, and the nearest Delaware Park parking lot down the street, can be found here.

      (if the link didn't work... http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Parkside+Lodge,+84+Parkside+Ave,+Buffalo,+NY+14214+(Buffalo+Olmsted+Parks+Conservancy)&daddr=2+parkside+ave,+buffalo,+ny&hl=en&geocode=FRMZjwIdAc9M-yHX5QtskN0M9ykPeCUHsRLTiTGE-DOIP6aDKw%3BFQoSjwIdLcdM-ynfnjpCyRLTiTE1tjowo94-1Q&mra=ls&sll=42.933144,-78.853083&sspn=0.008861,0.018024&ie=UTF8&ll=42.93162,-78.852139&spn=0.00443,0.009012&z=17)

      The event is from 10AM to 1PM, so many of us will be juggling there instead of at the Lincoln Statue on Saturday morning. Can you blame us? They offered to feed jugglers lunch for free...

      The second event is the 1st Annual Buffalo Blues n BBQ Festival  to support Roswell Park. This event goes all day with live music from 12PM to 8PM. It's at Lasalle Park at the foot of Porter Ave on the Lower West Side. They've also offered to feed us whatever they're barbecueing. The tentative plan is this:

      Because I have tickets that everyone needs to get into the event, let's meet up at 4PM at the Wegman's parking lot on Amherst St (between Grant and Elmwood... we've used this as a carpool spot before). I'm betting parking down near Lasalle will be pretty tight, so let's try to carpool, and leave a few cars at Wegman's. This way, we won't be there all afternoon, but we can get a free dinner after juggling/teaching for a few hours.

      So, I have 20 tickets. Please reply to this thread between now and Saturday morning, so we know who to wait for at Wegman's, and so we know how many tickets we will need. I'm betting if we get around 10 people, everyone can bring a friend/family member, and that's our 20 tickets. Also, if we need to change the plan for any reason, let me know.

      That's all the logistics. Now let's go have fun on Saturday!

      Andrew

    • Godsownson@Yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
        Hey Andrew. Count me in for both events. I can volunteer my car for carpooling as well.

        Tim Alberth

        From: "Andrew" <andrew.delmonte@...>
        Sender: buffalojugglers@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 20:05:41 -0000
        To: <buffalojugglers@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: buffalojugglers@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [buffalojugglers] Juggling this Saturday, August 7th

[...]

      • flopejoe
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
          I am definitely in for the Blues Fest (one ticket) and probably in for the ALS walk. I don't have a Buffalo Jugglers t-shirt so can someone hook me up with a large? I'm more than willing to pay for it. Thanks.

          --Joe (Fiore) aka The Latest Joe
        • Jerry House
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 4, 2010
            I'll bring an extra shirt for Joe.

          • davef@gravitationalbull.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5, 2010
              While you're at it, I'm looking for something in a smoking jacket.....I'm a 40 long.  Something tastefully stately if you have it.

              I am definitely in for the Blues Fest (one ticket) and probably in for the ALS walk. I don't have a Buffalo Jugglers t-shirt so can someone hook me up with a large? I'm more than willing to pay for it. Thanks.

              --Joe (Fiore) aka The Latest Joe

            • Chuck Frugoli
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5, 2010
                I'll be there also 'cause I riding with Tim..

                Chuck

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 5, 2010
                  Side note. A workmate who grew up in the area says LaSalle Park is crazy windy and known for it's kite flying. I'm hoping we're protected a bit from the lake and/or it's a calm day.

                  --Joe

                  --- In buffalojugglers@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Frugoli <friendlyhugs@...> wrote:

                  > I'll be there also 'cause I riding with Tim..
                  >
                  > Chuck
                  >
                  > On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM, <davef@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > While you're at it, I'm looking for something in a smoking jacket.....I'm a
                  > > 40 long. Something tastefully stately if you have it.

                • Steve Delmonte
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 7, 2010
                  Hey everyone thanks from Roswell, and I don't mean area 51 or maybe I do!

                  flopejoe wrote:

                  > Side note. A workmate who grew up in the area says LaSalle Park is
                  > crazy windy and known for it's kite flying. I'm hoping we're protected
                  > a bit from the lake and/or it's a calm day.
                  >
                  > --Joe
                  >
                  > --- In buffalojugglers@yahoogroups.com
                  > <mailto:buffalojugglers%40yahoogroups.com>, Chuck Frugoli
                  > <friendlyhugs@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I'll be there also 'cause I riding with Tim..
                  > >
                  > > Chuck
                  > >
                  > > On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM, <davef@...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > > While you're at it, I'm looking for something in a smoking
                  > jacket.....I'm a
                  > > > 40 long. Something tastefully stately if you have it.

                • Andrew
                  Message 9 of 9 , Aug 7, 2010
                    Okay, here's my list of people for the Blues n BBQ Fest:

                    Andrew
                    Steve
                    Jerry
                    Tim A.
                    Chuck
                    (New) Joe
                    Dave?
                    Tim P.
                    Carol

                    That makes 9. If we should wait at Wegman's for anyone else, or if anyone needs to contact me for another reason, my cell # is 716-380-7334, Otherwise, see you at the carpool spot at 4. Or at the first event at the Parkside Lodge in 30 minutes. Or in my car on the way to the Parkside Lodge in about 15 minutes. I need some coffee.

                    Andrew