KUMC and events

  • davef@gravitationalbull.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 2, 2010
      We've decided to stop meeting at the church on Wednesday nights for the summer now that the weather seems to have broken.  We can still use the church for rainy Saturdays, however.  So there is NO JUGGLING tonight at the Church.

      Jerry tells me we have accumulated $142 in donations for the Church and we will be handing that over soon.

      The block club event for the Gloria Parks Community Center at 3242 Main Street (near UB City Campus) is this Saturday.  We wanted to do it early so we are supposed to get there at the begining around noon.  Heath Terrace which is the street right by the community center will be blocked off.  You can pull up to drop off your props and then find parking on one of the neighboring sidestreets.  See you Saturday!

      NEW EVENT - Saturday June 26 is the Ride for Roswell event.  We are being listed on their signs and advertising as sponsors for donating our time.  The event starts at 6:00 am, we are scheduled to juggle from 9:00 - 11:00 or so.  They ask that we go whereever there are lines or pockets of people and entertain them.  The event is at Baird Point on the UB Amherst Campus.  Baird Point is listed on most of the UB directional signs and is that spot down by the water where the Greek columns are.  Parking is going to be a big issue as they are expecting over 10,000 people.  They are mailing us (me) 4 parking passes so I think we would be wise to carpool within 4 vehicles.

      Andrew, could you please post this one to the website and Vance if you could put this on the FB page, that would be great.

      Thanks,
      Dave
    • Jerry House
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 2, 2010
        Alright, who broke the weather ???

        Also, with regards to University Heights:  your best bet would be to park EITHER in the St. Joe's Parking lot (across the street, in the back), OR the UB parking lot next door (which is kinda difficult to get in - you'd have to go down the street to the Metro Rail station, then go up thru UB and head BACK towards the Church - use Google Maps to see what I'm talking about).

        I'm guessing that on Saturday, we'll still meet over at Delaware Park OR the Church - just maybe a bit earlier, like 9:30am or so?  That'll still give us time to get to University Heights.

        Jerry

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 2, 2010
          the roswell ride sounds  like fun! count me in...

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 3, 2010
            Cool! So far it's me, you, Jerry and Jerry's dog.

            :D ave

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 4, 2010
                Pyromancy has recently discovered the most incredible place to play in the rain, the Amphitheater at LaSalle Park!  It's a huge covered space with more then enough space for plenty of people and super high ceilings.  It just sits there empty most of the summer.  We'll be using it for our fire jams since it's pretty off the grid and well away from nosy people.  We'll actually be heading there tonight around 11 or so.
              • davef@gravitationalbull.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 4, 2010
                   Sound interesting.  Keep us posted on how that works out.

                  :D ave

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 4, 2010
                    IF WE PASS ON THE PARK DUE TO RAIN...WHAT TIME SHOULD WE ARRIVE AT GLORIA PARKS?

                    JIM
                  • Jerry House
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 4, 2010
                      WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING ???

                      On Saturdays, our rainy-day venue is KUMC - so I guess we go there.  Besides, that will allow anyone who wants to to make a last-minute contribution to the pot 'o money that we're giving to the KUMC soon.

                      As for Gloria Parks, I figure we get there just before noon.  That means that we'll have to leave KUMC a bit early (11:40 or so).

                      Jerry

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010
                        It's currently 8:20am.  EVEN THOUGH it's not raining, and probably won't for the next few hours, the ground is awfully wet from last night's storm.  I'll be heading over to the Church in just over an hour.

                        Jerry

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010

                           noon

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 5, 2010