UK Universal Videos

  • douglas@msdwindows.freeserve.co.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
      Does anyone know if Universal plan to release any more Buck Rogers
      videos in the UK. So far there has been two released by them, and
      one coordinated with the Sci-Fi channel. Battlestar Galactica, which
      was released at the same time (of which I am also a fan) is getting
      better treatment and is up to 6 universal and one sci-fi channel tape.

      Douglas Nicol
    • Mangros
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2000
        --- In buck-rogers@egroups.com, douglas@m... wrote:
        > Does anyone know if Universal plan to release any more Buck Rogers
        > videos in the UK. So far there has been two released by them, and
        > one coordinated with the Sci-Fi channel. Battlestar Galactica,
        which
        > was released at the same time (of which I am also a fan) is getting
        > better treatment and is up to 6 universal and one sci-fi channel
        tape.

        > Douglas Nicol

        Don't know to be honest. I'm fed up with the lack of Rogers action.
        It's been nearly a year since the first two came out. Universal UK
        started off loads of potential video collections, (eg Columbo, Kojak,
        A-Team, Galactica, Six Million Dollar Man) and I reckon (IMO) they
        are allocating new releases according to sales. I've heard nothing
        from the mailing list I sent off either. I keep asking staff at HMV
        and Virgin if there is any sort of release plan, but there never is.

        Oh well, all we can do is wait I suppose...

        /\/_\\ |/ // \\ MANGROS: ayoung79@...
        / /__\\||_\\\_// www.mangros.co.uk
        \_/
        "It's easy to smile when you don't care about the truth"