Happy 75th Birthday, Buck!!!

  • buckrogers2491 <james@buck-rogers.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
      That's right, this is the year that Buck Rogers turns 75 years old.
      It was back in 1928 when Buck Rogers first appeared in the
      novelette, "Armageddon-2419 A.D." by Philip Francis Nowlan,
      published in the August 1928 issue of "Amazing Stories."

      In the past 75 years, Buck Rogers has not only inspired an entire
      genre of fiction (science-fiction), but is also directly cited as
      the inspiration for such space heroes as Flash Gordon and Luke
      Skywalker.

      Buck-Rogers.com in celebration of Buck's 75th birthday, and this Web
      site's 5th anniversary, is going to kick off the world-wide Internet
      celebration by offering Buck in as many incarnations as possible.
      From this moment on, the 1979-81 theatrical film and TV series will
      be in constant rotation showing a different episode each week in
      streaming RealVideo.

      Other media to be posted will include the entire 1939 film serial,
      portions of the 1932-47 radio serial, comic strips, and the original
      novelette "Armageddon-2419 A.D." by Philip Francis Nowlan -- as it
      originally appeared in "Amazing Stories."

      So join us in celebrating Buck's 75th birthday!!!
    • Humble Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2003
        Happy Birthday Buck!!!

        Are there any clips of the 50th TV show around. That
        would be the only incarnation of Buck that I have no
        personal experience with.

        Frank A. Johnson
        In the 25th Century

        --- "buckrogers2491 <james@...>"
        <james@...> wrote:
        > That's right, this is the year that Buck Rogers
        > turns 75 years old.
        > It was back in 1928 when Buck Rogers first appeared
        > in the
        > novelette, "Armageddon-2419 A.D." by Philip Francis
        > Nowlan,
        > published in the August 1928 issue of "Amazing
        > Stories."
        >
        > In the past 75 years, Buck Rogers has not only
        > inspired an entire
        > genre of fiction (science-fiction), but is also
        > directly cited as
        > the inspiration for such space heroes as Flash
        > Gordon and Luke
        > Skywalker.
        >
        > Buck-Rogers.com in celebration of Buck's 75th
        > birthday, and this Web
        > site's 5th anniversary, is going to kick off the
        > world-wide Internet
        > celebration by offering Buck in as many incarnations
        > as possible.
        > From this moment on, the 1979-81 theatrical film and
        > TV series will
        > be in constant rotation showing a different episode
        > each week in
        > streaming RealVideo.
        >
        > Other media to be posted will include the entire
        > 1939 film serial,
        > portions of the 1932-47 radio serial, comic strips,
        > and the original
        > novelette "Armageddon-2419 A.D." by Philip Francis
        > Nowlan -- as it
        > originally appeared in "Amazing Stories."
        >
        > So join us in celebrating Buck's 75th birthday!!!
        >

        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: buck-rogers@onelist.com
        > Subscribe: buck-rogers-subscribe@onelist.com
        >
        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > http://www.onelist.com/community/buck-rogers
        >
        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        =====
        Humble Frank Alan Johnson
        Still a member in good standing of the Intellectual Elite

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com