Buy Buck and Tigerman to save Kane, Hawk and others!

  • Mariet
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2011
      Bad news... I just read on the Mego action figure forum that due to
      disappointing sales on Buck and Tigerman, the Buck Rogers line will be
      discontinued. This means we will not be getting the next 3 action figures
      that were planned for production by ZICA Toys (Kane, Hawk, Draconian Guard)
      and also no Wilma, Huer and Twiki :-(

      http://megomuseum.com/community/showpost.php?p=797615&postcount=100

      What a pity, because these are GREAT looking figures. Look here if you
      haven't seen them yet:

      http://www.zicatoys.com/zica_toys_006.htm (Click on the images for a larger
      version + description)

      Maybe if we all buy one or two, the tide can still be reversed?

      Mariet

      (very disappointed I won't be getting that Hawk figure I've been looking
      forward to for almost a year...)
    • Rebecca Evans
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
        I read on the forum a week or so ago that Zica were struggling. To help out Graig I put on the Buck fansite that the figures had been reduced in price.

        What a shame :(
        I agree Mariet, they did look great.

        Rebecca
        The Buck Rogers Fansite

        Sent from my iPod Touch

        On 4 Sep 2011, at 00:16, "Mariet" <w.e.b.theune@...> wrote:

        > Bad news... I just read on the Mego action figure forum that due to
        > disappointing sales on Buck and Tigerman, the Buck Rogers line will be
        > discontinued. This means we will not be getting the next 3 action figures
        > that were planned for production by ZICA Toys (Kane, Hawk, Draconian Guard)
        > and also no Wilma, Huer and Twiki :-(
        >
        > http://megomuseum.com/community/showpost.php?p=797615&postcount=100
        >
        > What a pity, because these are GREAT looking figures. Look here if you
        > haven't seen them yet:
        >
        > http://www.zicatoys.com/zica_toys_006.htm (Click on the images for a larger
        > version + description)
        >
        > Maybe if we all buy one or two, the tide can still be reversed?
        >
        > Mariet
        >
        > (very disappointed I won't be getting that Hawk figure I've been looking
        > forward to for almost a year...)

      • Mariet
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
          Well, I'm not ready to give up all hope yet. Assuming that every little bit helps, I've just placed my order for a Buck figure (even though I really want Hawk, but I'll put up with Buck for his sake :-)

          Mariet

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
            I TOTALLY dropped the ball and forgot to order these!!!! I'm gonna order them today. Every little bit helps, right? Thanks for the reminder guys!

            Jimmy PS Hayes
            the most electrifying man in comics retail
            CHALLENGERS Comics + Conversation • ChallengersComics.com
            The ROGUES GALLERY • RoguesGalleryChicago.com
            1845 N Western Ave 2R • Chicago, IL 60647
            773.278.0155
            Facebook • ChallengersComics
            Twitter • GoChallengersGo

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2011
              Unfortunately, money is the issue and the fact I live in Canada are the two reasons that are stopping me from buying said figures. I do want Hawk.

              redgreyfalcon (Teresa)

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 5, 2011
                New Thunderfighter 2011 release
                http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/BuckRogersThunderfighterPage.htm
                http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Thunderfighter%20Catalog%20Page.htm

                Original 1979 Thunderfighter release
                http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/BUCK%20ROGERS%20STARRFIGHTER%20PAGE.htm
                http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/DayleHemsleyBuckRogersStarfighter.htm

                Ranger 3 2006 release
                http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Ranger%203%20Page.htm

                Draconian Marauder 1979 release
                http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/DRACONIAN%20MARAUDER%20PAGE.htm

                Hawk Fighter 2004 release
                http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/AndyReidHawkFighter.htm

                More @
                http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/1970s_pop_culture.htm

                Homepage
                http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/

                Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
                Recent Activity:
                Visit Your Group
                Community email addresses:
                  Post message: buck-rogers@yahoogroups.com