Beam Me Up

  • crazyhistorian
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2011
      Beam Me Up
      I am a classic Star Trek fan of Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock.
      Not surprising since I became a vegan (not from the planet vega, a total vegetarian) in 1970 and of course Mr. Spock was a vegetarian and William Shatner actually narrated a film called THE VEGETARIAN WORLD
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuiuG69wq_o

      LEONARD NIMOY, who played Mr. Spock on TV (and in the movies)
      is actually listed as:
      Famous Vegetarians - Leonard Nimoy at the website of the INTERNATIONAL VEGETARIAN UNION
      http://www.ivu.org/people/actors/nimoy.html

      Recently I have been reading about teleportation, it already exists,and has been done with photons, ions, and atoms, though not yet for human beings....not yet.

      The late P.K. Dick, who wrote The Unteleported Man http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unteleported_Man
      was one of my favorite authors so teleportation is a really fantastic
      topic of interest to me, and did I mention, it is already being done, but not yet on people(I think not yet anyway).

      which I hope you will join in with your ideas about teleportation
      fact and fiction
      and science fiction.

      Ion Teleportation Scheme Could Scale Up Quantum Computers
      Scientists have teleported the quantum state of one trapped ion onto another a meter away
      By Saswato Das / January 2009

      http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/hardware/ion-teleportation-scheme-could-scale-up-quantum-computers

      Quantum teleportation
      http://www.toptica.com/applications/scientific/quantum_information.html

      http://www.tech-faq.com/quantum-teleportation.html

      Quantum teleportation achieved over ten miles of free space
      http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1110806

      I have never been shy about myself, nor should you be, at least I hope you will not be shy about yourself so please say something about yourself in your discsussion of teleportation
      I am a fan of Norman Mailer's classic book: Advertisements for Myself
      about me:
      I am a single, non-smoking, Jewish, Male, Vegan, Baby Boomer, in West Orange New Jersey. I am searching for a single happy Jewish Non Smoking woman. I am allergic to cats so if you have cats you can visit
      me but I cannot visit you.

      Your turn please post your thoughts about teleportation, science fact and science fiction and your advertisement for yourself to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS/