Re: [buck-rogers] End of Buck Rogers "Season 1" Comic book

  • Ella
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
      Boo that's a real shame cos I've enjoyed reading it and will definatley get the mini series.  I hope they don't rush the last 2 just to bring it to a conclusion.

      Ella

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
        It sounds like there will be a season 2 and that they are finishing it at the end of an arc. Let's hope so.

        ________________________________
        Boo that's a real shame cos I've enjoyed reading it and will definatley get the mini series. I hope they don't rush the last 2 just to bring it to a conclusion.

        Ella

        I've been enjoying the series too. I had heard that it was not selling too well and that really disappointed me. A friend who works in my favorite comic book store (Queen City Comics and Cards - plug, plug) here in Cincinnati told me that he would have followed the series if it had been based on the 70's TV series and since it was an original take on Buck Rogers he was not interested in it. I feel that many potential readers may have felt that same way.

        This is a sad state of affairs when a hero who has been around in one form or another since the late 1920's and who has pioneered so much of what we know today as space opera is only remembered for an adaption that only accounts for less than two years of his 82 year history. This is not a knock on Glen Larson's TV series, a show that I watched every week when it first aired and bought the DVD collection which I happily added to my Buck Rogers collection. I just feel that Buck Rogers and his source material could be sussessfully updated for today's world just as Superman, Batman and other heros that have come in his wake have been updated.

        Still I'm looking forward to the coming web series and I am hoping that the recently discussed film adaptation proves to be more than just talk. Until then I will continue buying the current comic until it ends and I will also be buying the Wilma Deering mini series.

        > I don't know if anyone else is following this comic book,
        > but its a fun read. It ends at Issue 12 and will be
        > followed by a Wilma Deering mini-series. I've liked
        > the series enough to continue following when(if) it comes
        > back. Anyone else checking this out?

        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/buck- rogersYahoo! Groups
        > Links
        >

        > buck-rogers- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

      • Humble Frank
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
          Are there any real indicators that there will be a season 2? Do we have reasons to hope for one?

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
            according to the article that is the plan once they've finished the Deering mini and got the green hornet up and running. So think there is hope.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
              Great!! That is the best news that I have read since this thread began.

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 7, 2010
                yes fingers crossed

                Ella

                It sounds like there will be a season 2 and that they are finishing it at the end of an arc. Let's hope so.

                ____________ _________ _________ __
                Boo that's a real shame cos I've enjoyed reading it and will definatley get the mini series. I hope they don't rush the last 2 just to bring it to a conclusion.

                Ella

                I've been enjoying the series too. I had heard that it was not selling too well and that really disappointed me. A friend who works in my favorite comic book store (Queen City Comics and Cards - plug, plug) here in Cincinnati told me that he would have followed the series if it had been based on the 70's TV series and since it was an original take on Buck Rogers he was not interested in it. I feel that many potential readers may have felt that same way.

                This is a sad state of affairs when a hero who has been around in one form or another since the late 1920's and who has pioneered so much of what we know today as space opera is only remembered for an adaption that only accounts for less than two years of his 82 year history. This is not a knock on Glen Larson's TV series, a show that I watched every week when it first aired and bought the DVD collection which I happily added to my Buck Rogers collection. I just feel that Buck Rogers and his source material could be sussessfully updated for today's world just as Superman, Batman and other heros that have come in his wake have been updated.

                Still I'm looking forward to the coming web series and I am hoping that the recently discussed film adaptation proves to be more than just talk. Until then I will continue buying the current comic until it ends and I will also be buying the Wilma Deering mini series.

                > I don't know if anyone else is following this comic book,
                > but its a fun read. It ends at Issue 12 and will be
                > followed by a Wilma Deering mini-series. I've liked
                > the series enough to continue following when(if) it comes
                > back. Anyone else checking this out?

                > Shortcut URL to this page:
                > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/buck- rogersYahoo! Groups
                > Links
                >

                > buck-rogers- fullfeatured@ yahoogroups. com

              • Draconian Guard
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 7, 2010
                  I have to say the comic did nothing for me. Just like many others, I only care about the TV version of the characters. The Buck Rogers characters don't mean anything to me unless they are done in the manner the show is. I liked that it was sort of a Star Wars knock off was some originality thrown in.

                  My site with a forum, podcast, reviews and more:
                  http://www.popculturecentral.com/