Frank Miller and Buck Rogers

  • Ken Deep
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2008
      From IGN:

      The on-again, off-again romance between Frank Miller
      and Buck Rogers may be back on for good. The Spirit director, who has
      been hinting that he'd direct a movie about comic strip and TV hero,
      is apparently going to announce soon that the project is officially on.

      IGN caught up with The Spirit producer Deborah Del Prete at the 2008
      Scream Awards, and del Prate said Miller "would be making an
      announcement soon" about his Buck Rogers project. IGN also notes that
      the budget for the movie is set at $40 million, which means the cheap
      special effects from the 1980s TV show may be returning for the movie
      version.

      The Spirit itself looks a little campy, so it wouldn't surprise me if
      Miller went that way again for his next movie. Then again, does the
      character deserve the chance to move beyond his silly roots, the way
      Batman did? And with the tepid reception of early Spirit footage, does
      anyone trust Frank Miller anymore anyway?

      Comment on "Frank Miller Back With Buck Rogers" Note: This website is
      not meant for use by minors. The views expressed in the comments
      section below are not our own. This section is intended for discussion
      of the topic in the post above. Disagreement is encouraged, however
      comments which attack, insult, or threaten the author in a personal
      manner won't be published. Similarly, comments that we deem to be
      poorly worded, or wildly off topic will also not be approved and may
      be mocked. For free, uncensored, unfettered, and possibly dangerous
      discussion visit our forum.
      Leave a Reply Name (required) Mail (will not be published) (required)
      Website Security Code (required)
      http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Frank-Mille