Science Fiction lunch and Movie Saturday September 16th, 2006 11:30 a.m.

  • crazyhistorian
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2006
      Science Fiction lunch and Movie Saturday September 16th, 2006 11:30
      a.m.
      We will choose what movie to see at the lunch.
      http://www.clearviewcinemas.com/cgi-bin/movie_info.cgi

      Join us for lunch Saturday September 16th, 2006 11:30 a.m. in
      Parsippany, New Jersey at Veggie Heaven, a Vegan Chinese
      Totally Vegetarian Kosher Restaurant. The restaurant is located in
      Parsippany, New Jersey at 1119 Route 46 East #8A Parsippany, New
      Jersey after which we will be going to see a movie AT THE
      Parsippany Cinema 12 3165 Route 46 East Parsippany, NJ 07054 973-335-
      7466 which we will chose at the lunch.
      http://www.clearviewcinemas.com/cgi-bin/movie_info.cgi

      We do not charge anything for any of our events.
      When we go to a restaurant you pay only for what you order plus tax
      and tip. Reservations are NOT required for this event. The
      restaurant is a 100% non-smoking restaurant, is moderately priced,
      has brown rice, does not use MSG or animal products, is Kosher and
      totally vegetarian, has plenty of free parking and is easy to reach
      from nearby highways.

      Here are the directions to Veggie Heaven It is a Vegan Chinese
      Totally Vegetarian Kosher Restaurant. The restaurant is located in
      Parsippany, New Jersey at 1119 Route 46 East #8A Parsippany, New
      Jersey, in a shopping center which has plenty of parking and is near
      Route 80.
      The telephone numbers of the restaurant are 973 335-9876
      and 973 263-8331 the zip code, if you are using Mapquest, is 07054.

      From the West (I-80)Take I-80 East and exit at the Lake
      Hiawatha/Whippany exit. Make a left at the light at the exit go past
      the entrance ramp which would put you back onto Route 80 going west
      and make a left turn into the shopping center.

      From the South (I-287) Take I-287 North to the exit for I-80

      EASTBOUND / Route 46 EAST BOUND. Bear to the left when exiting I-287.
      You will be on the I-80 service Rd. Continue to the first exit which
      is the Lake Hiawatha/Whippany exit then follow directions above.

      FROM THE GARDEN STATE PARKWAY TAKE EXIT 145 TO ROUTE 280 WEST THEN
      Take the NEW
      RD exit- exit number 1. 0.15 miles Keep RIGHT at the fork in the
      ramp. 0.07
      miles Stay straight to go onto NEW RD. 0.63 miles Turn LEFT onto US-
      46 W.
      DRIVING WEST ON ROUTE 46 Continue for two traffic lights (second
      light is
      Parsippany-Troy Hills Shopping
      Center)which is at the INTERSECTION of Route 46 and Beverwyck Road AT
      WHICH YOU COULD TURN RIGHT TOWARDS LAKE HIAWATHA, INSTEAD OF TURNING
      RIGHT HOWEVER TURN LEFT AT THAT INTERSECTION ONTO SOUTH BEVERWYCK
      ROAD,THEN TURN RIGHT INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER ITSELF WHICH IS BEFORE
      THE WEST BOUND RAMP TO ANOTHER HIGHWAY DO NOT TURN RIGHT INTO THE
      BANK BUT TURN RIGHT BEYOND THE BANK AND INTO THE SHOPPING CENTER,
      VEGGIE HEAVEN
      IS NEAR THE HEALTH FOOD STORE AND IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOPPING
      CENTER, WHICH
      HAS PLENTY OF PARKING IF YOU GET LOST CALL THE RESTAURANT FOR
      DIRECTIONS The
      telephone numbers of the
      restaurant are 973 335-9876 and 973 263-8331 the zip code, if you
      are using Mapquest, is 07054. The restaurant is a non-smoking
      restaurant and moderately priced. The restaurant states that it does
      not use MSG and does not use any animal products at all.
      It is certified Kosher by United Kosher Supervision P.O. Box 317
      Monsey, NY 10952 Phone: (845) 352-1010 Fax: (845) 352-0316
      Rabbinic Administrator: Rabbi Yaakov Spivak

      For directions to the
      movie theater click on
      http://www.clearviewcinemas.com/
      To get to the Parsippany Cinema 12 from the Chinese Restaurant
      go out the east exit of the shopping center the Chinese Restaurant
      is in, make a
      right turn then another quick right turn onto the interstate highway
      labeled
      Route 80 West, stay in the right hand
      lane, you will come to the first exit on your right which is Route
      46 take that
      exit merely make a right turn at that exit but not a very very sharp
      right turn
      you want to go straight to the stop sign and make a left at that
      stop sign onto
      Route 511 towards Parsippany Road, which is the first traffic light,
      do not turn
      left onto
      Parsippany Road at that right, turn right instead onto Parsippany
      Blvd. Then just past the next traffic light make a quick left turn
      into the east
      entrance to the shopping center which houses Cinema 12. There should
      be a sign
      that says Cinema 12 there. Go west until you come to the Cinema 12
      parking lot,
      park, and meet us in the
      lobby of the Parsippany Cinema 12 movie theater. You will know us
      because you will have just had lunch with us at the Chinese
      Restaurant.

      We do not charge anything for any of our events.

      When we go to a restaurant you pay only for what you order plus tax
      and tip. Reservations are NOT required for this event. The restaurant
      is a 100% non-smoking restaurant, is moderately priced, has brown
      rice, does not use MSG or animal products, is Kosher and totally
      vegetarian, has plenty of free parking and is easy to reach from
      nearby highways.

      Here are the directions to Veggie Heaven It is a Vegan Chinese
      Totally Vegetarian Kosher Restaurant. The restaurant is located in
      Parsippany, New Jersey at 1119 Route 46 East #8A Parsippany, New
      Jersey, in a shopping center which has plenty of parking and is near
      Route 80. The telephone numbers of the restaurant are 973 335-9876
      and 973 263-8331 the zip code, if you are using Mapquest, is 07054.

      From the West (I-80)Take I-80 East and exit at the Lake
      Hiawatha/Whippany exit. Make a left at the light at the exit go past
      the entrance ramp which would put you back onto Route 80 going west
      and make a left turn into the shopping center.

      From the South (I-287) Take I-287 North to the exit for I-80

[...]

      This event is sponsored by NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS
      You do not have to belong to NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS
      to attend however. Anyone who is 21 or over may attend.
      There is no charge for this event. You pay only for your
      own meal at the restaurant, plus tax and tip, and you pay only for
      your own ticket at the movies. We never see your money.
      You pay the restaurant and the movie cashier yourself directly.

      Please introduce yourself when you join
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS and periodically as new members
      keep joining. We plan to get together at restaurants and to go to
      movies. All of the restaurants we want to go to will be non-smoking
      restaurants in New Jersey. All of the movies we want to see will be
      Science Fiction movies. We will see them in movie theaters and if
      people are kind enough, on people's home VCRs, or DVD players, for
      the technologically advanced among us. We will NEVER charge money
      for any of our events. Everything will be strictly Dutch Treat.
      Buy your own movie tickets. Buy your own meals at Restaurants.
      Hopefully a typical event would involve going to a Science Fiction
      Movie and then to a Restaurant to discuss the movie we just saw. We
      also hope to go individually or as a group to any other worthwhile
      events people may know of in New Jersey. If we go to someone's
      home, bring your own potluck yummies to munch on. No money changes
      hands. Please do. Post your ideas for club events. Please do
      come to events. Escape From Your Computer! All of our events will
      be both Smoke-Free and Feline-Free for the cat allergy victims
      amongst us. So if you let us use your home for an event make sure
      it is both Smoke-Free and Feline Free. No drugs or booze will be
      allowed at any of our club events. Please forward the URL and sign
      up info below to everyone who should get it.
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      This club is for everyone 21 or older. Younger fans should find
      another club.
      Please forward the URL and sign up info below to everyone who should
      get it. Thanks NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      To start sending messages to members of this group, simply send email
      to NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS@yahoogroups.com
      or post at the web site.
      The world of science fiction online and in real life appears to be
      expanding in New Jersey.