Re: [buck-rogers] Re: The Discussion about the TSR Books

  • Humble Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2004
      Good question.

      From the rec.games.frp.dnd FAQ: 3/9 �TSR
      http://omicron.felk.cvut.cz/FAQ/articles/a4063.html

      C2: What did "TSR" stand for?

      A: No, it didn't stand for "They Sue Regularly." As
      outlined above, it originally stood for "Tactical
      Studies Rules." When the company incorporated, it
      changed its official name to "TSR Hobbies, Inc.," and
      later to "TSR, Inc.," which wasn't short for
      anything--especially now that it has been completely
      absorbed into Wizards of the Coast and Wizards of the
      Coast, in turn, has been bought by Hasbro. As of
      August 2000, the "TSR" logo and company name is no
      longer used on *D& D products. (More than twenty-five
      years of habits die hard, however; with all the
      buyouts that occurred, some people took to using "TSR"
      to refer to "whatever company is currently publishing
      *D& D or has ever published *D& D.")

      Humble Frank

      --- MRlovesDC@... wrote:
      > Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what
      > TSR stands for?
      >
      > Mel

      > removed]

      > Shortcut URL to this page:
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      =====
      Humble Frank Alan Johnson
      Still a member in good standing of the Intellectual Elite

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • bookscape
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
        Thanks, Frank. I was wondering that myself. I didn't know that the logo was no longer used.

        sue

        "We are not human beings on a spiritual journey;
        we are spiritual beings on a human journey." Stephen R. Covey

        Bookscape's Domain!!!

        www.bookscape.net

        =====
        Humble Frank Alan Johnson
        Still a member in good standing of the Intellectual Elite

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: buck-rogers@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: buck-rogers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com