Various

  • spaceopsfanguy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2002
      Hi! I'm new to this group...

      I've done searches for Buck Rogers fan fiction; unfortunately, all
      I've been able to find are 1 story about Buck and Hawk talking aboard
      the Searcher at Christmastime, and a couple of "slash" stories that I
      chose not to read. (After all, if somebody insists on portraying
      known-to-be-straight characters as non-straight, it's not really a
      story about the characters we care about, is it?) Does anyone know
      where I can find any (decent) Buck Rogers fan fiction? If not, has
      anyone considered writing any?

      Also, how about different versions of the Buck Rogers mythos? I, for
      one, do NOT believe that the 1979-1981 version is the only version
      that counts.
    • d falkinbrug
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2002
        As a Buck Rogers fan, of the premise, not the tv show, there are a number
        of other books available. Beginning with the first one from 1928. The
        original story from the Amazing Stories magazine has been published a number
        of times under the title Armageddon 2419 A.D. by Phillip Nowlan. I found my
        copy in a used book store some time ago. There are also a series of books
        written in the late 80's that coincided with the release of a TSR role
        playing game. Among others out there.
        Hope it helps