Re: [buck-rogers] Letter Writing Campaign

  • GrndMoffK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2001
      This sounds like a great idea! I will be sending my cards this week!!

      ~Dar
    • allenlane@mindspring.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2001
        Disney will NEVER do a series. I'm just hoping that they do some sort
        of movie which prompts a little nostalgia in people and leads to a DVD
        release of the Gil Gerard series once and for all! I'm hoping the new
        Battlestar Galactica TV series in the works will do the same for that
        series (too bad Bryan Singer is off that project though).

      • revans2491@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 10, 2001
          I hope they don't do a series.....well not yet anyway. Probably i'm
          being sentimental (or just mental) : ) but i'm not ready for another
          bloke prancing about in the "25th Century" calling himself Buck
          Rogers, after all this time i've got used to Gil (Mr Gerard), who
          cares what the critics have said.

          I agree that the 1979 movie and the series should be released on DVD,
          it's long overdue. Have we Buck Rogers fans been overlooked again? or
          is there a problem with it being released on DVD? Hopefully all it's
          going to take is a bit of patience.

          And i hope that Buck does appear on the Sci-fi Channel again!

          Rebecca
          Gil Gerard/Buck Rogers Site

        • dan_jimma@juno.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 2001
            On Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:18:23 -0000 revans2491@... writes:

            > I agree that the 1979 movie and the series should be released on
            > DVD,
            > it's long overdue. Have we Buck Rogers fans been overlooked again?
            > or
            > is there a problem with it being released on DVD? Hopefully all it's
            >
            > going to take is a bit of patience.
            >
            > And i hope that Buck does appear on the Sci-fi Channel again!
            >

            > Rebecca
            > Gil Gerard/Buck Rogers Site

            I , also, hope they are released on DVD soon! As long as it is both
            seasons! I like the first one for various reasons and the second for
            different reasons, both being unique in their own way. Which is probably
            why the series was canceled, since both seasons were so different.

            Jimma Shearer dan_jimma@... Ramoth729@...
            Elder Alan Shearer...Argentina Salta Mission......11/27/01

            I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just
            wish he didn't trust me so much. Mother Teresa